• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Software librarys in nice boxes

Share/Bookmark

Software librarys in nice boxes

When I buy for much money a library I want to have a nice box! (like East West, or Native Instruments).
    Garriton ships his violin in an ugly DVD Box. I cant understand this.
    In my studio I have a wall where I have all my software boxes and my clients like to look there and to talk about this things and it helps me tosellmy music!
    Also I want to have shiped a book with informations and some photos of the sampling session and so on.

Re: Software librarys in nice boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Bruckner
    When I buy for much money a library I want to have a nice box! (like East West, or Native Instruments).
    Garriton ships his violin in an ugly DVD Box. I cant understand this.
    In my studio I have a wall where I have all my software boxes and my clients like to look there and to talk about this things and it helps me tosellmy music!
    Also I want to have shiped a book with informations and some photos of the sampling session and so on.
    Are you serious? Isn't a fantastic instrument that can actually help you create your product a tad more important than a pretty piece of cardboard?

Print off this page: http://garritan.com/stradivari.html

It's got a hell of a lot of info on the techniques used to create this incredible instrument. Your clients and you can have endless discussions over sonic morphing.

I liked VSL's horizon series, - CD size, classy box, understated.

By chance I'm just listening to at a documentary about the copulating rituals of golden retriever dogs (I'm not watching it because I'm writing this) and it's complicated, so I wonder is it compicated for you when courting clients?

It could be a thesis for someone, and the title of your thread might make a whole chapter

I can't believe I even looked at this thread.... there's 30 seconds of my life I can't get back....

Quote Originally Posted by hywyn
    By chance I'm just listening to at a documentary about the copulating rituals of golden retriever dogs
    Good programme actually.

I had no idea that dogs locked together FOR UP TO AN HOUR after ejaculation. Amazing!

Imagine if we humans had to do that. My girlfriend would've dumped me years ago! It's hard enough for her having to (very infrequently) suffer our up to two-minute long love-making process. Being involuntarily stuck with me for a further sixty minutes would just be too much for the poor dear...

Ok, I'll bite. I dont think Garritan's packaging is at all bad and it surely doesnt offend me. That said, I do really enjoy looking at my studio shelf and seeing big, shiny, pretty, boxes of my collection. It's just appeal is all. Nothing to be ashamed of by mentioning for sure. I havent been able to buy any new Garritan products for a while. Perhaps I should get two or three more....er, you know....for research' sake.

Box schmox.

Well I throw the boxes away. Don't have room for them anymore. I just stick 'em in a big CD wallet for 72-100 CDs. So the more packaging, the more hassle.

But I second your wish for good documentation. Garritan isn't bad there.

There are prettier and more inspiring things -for me personally- in my work space than product packages. But, whatever gets/keeps you the gig is surely fine!! You could always download logos etc from the web pages and hang those on the walls if it helps.

:-)

Nigel

Im sorry I can t understand whats going up here.
    You can also sell parfum in plastic sacks. It smells the same...
    Sorry when I buy things for much money I want to get them in a nice box and with a big printed book.
    It is also one little argument why people would buy things and not steeling out of the www. You have to give some things that you could not put into the www.
    So why Tascam puts his Gigastudio in wooden box? It makes a difference...
    Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Bruckner
    Im sorry I can t understand whats going up here.
    You can also sell parfum in plastic sacks. It smells the same...
    Sorry when I buy things for much money I want to get them in a nice box and with a big printed book.
    It is also one little argument why people would buy things and not steeling out of the www. You have to give some things that you could not put into the www.
    So why Tascam puts his Gigastudio in wooden box? It makes a difference...
    Think about it.
    I guess it matters to you. I bet if you put up a poll though, it would heavily lean towards 'don't care at all' and 'care very little'.

Go Back to forum