• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: When are you going to offer the Intel MacPro updates

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    When are you going to offer the Intel MacPro updates

    I didn’t want this new Apple Mac Pro to start with. I had an Apple
    Macintosh G5 Dual Processor with 2.5 gigs of RAM and I paid $3300.00
    for it. Shortly after I bought the computer I had an unusually high number of program crashes. I took it back in 10 times. Over $250.00 worth of repair bills where they can't find any problem. Under the Apple Care extended warrantee I bought they replaced the motherboard twice, both processors twice, the hard drive once, all the RAM once, DVD drive once and the fan motor. They replaced everything, but the power cord (hum, hope that's not the problem). After several calls to Apple's Public Relations Dept at 1-800-275-2273 I did get a replacement. They replaced it with this Mac Pro. Now every PIC card and every bit of software I own has to be updated or replaced. This free replacement Mac Pro will cost me $4000.00 out of pocket by the time I am done…….thanks Apple you bunch of F***-**,,**er(**** s,,…***.

    The guys at Sweetwater have been very helpful and are doing all they can to get Gary Garritan to get the update on his site. Kurt at Mackie said he would try to pressure Garritan to move forward as well. Like most recording musicians I’m in the middle of a project. All of the songs and MIDI music is tied up waiting for Garritan to update this player. My music, hence my life is on hold until this update becomes available.

    Do I have to buy Kontakt 2.2. to use my Garritan Personal Orchestra again?

  2. #2

    Re: When are you going to offer the Intel MacPro updates

    Please hang in there!

    From posts on this forum in the last two weeks, it's been reported that Native Instruments (in Germany) have released the final version of Kontakt Player 2 for Mac Intel, and they have accepted the necessary data from Garritan that they need to encode the updated, Mac-Intel-compatbile versions of the Garritan products. Garritan is waiting on Native Instruments to complete the compiling, and will make free updates available to customers on the Web site Real Soon Now.

    We've all waited patiently through a series of setbacks (this was supposed to be finished around October, according to Native Instruments' original plans), but we have almost reached the finish line.
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Music Copyist in Sibelius
    Apple MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
    Apple Certified Support Professional. I also work with Windows.

  3. #3

    Re: When are you going to offer the Intel MacPro updates

    Dude.

    I had the same prob with my pc. ~~~~ happens tho I didn't think it would happen with a Mac - I'm seriously thinking of buying a 21" iMac (fact is I'm gonna get it anyway, got to be better than a pc).

    Cheers, Colind

  4. #4

    Re: When are you going to offer the Intel MacPro updates

    Dude.

    I had the same prob with my pc. ~~~~ happens tho I didn't think it would happen with a Mac - I'm seriously thinking of buying a 21" iMac (fact is I'm gonna get it anyway, got to be better than a pc).

    Cheers, Colind

  5. #5

    Re: When are you going to offer the Intel MacPro updates

    Studioman,

    Hello. Welcome to the forum. I understand your problem. Like Wheat said, Gary is waiting for Native Instruments to pick up the ball. Please be patient.

    On another note, I may be out of line here and if I am, I hope the administrators will correct me, but I believe that if you read more of the posts on this particular section of the Northern Sounds Forum, you will find a very cordial and accomidating community.

    I understand that you are new to the forum and that you are extremely frustrated, but I think you will catch more flies with honey than with vinigar. What I'm trying to say is there is no need to be belligerent and abrasive. Trust me, you will feel more comfortable and get better responses from your fellow members.

    Like I said, I may be out of line, but these are my personal feelings. I sincerely welcome you to the forum and hope that your situation is quickly rectified.

    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

    "The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

  6. #6

    Re: When are you going to offer the Intel MacPro updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Studioman
    The guys at Sweetwater have been very helpful and are doing all they can to get Gary Garritan to get the update on his site. Kurt at Mackie said he would try to pressure Garritan to move forward as well. Like most recording musicians I’m in the middle of a project. All of the songs and MIDI music is tied up waiting for Garritan to update this player. My music, hence my life is on hold until this update becomes available.

    Do I have to buy Kontakt 2.2. to use my Garritan Personal Orchestra again?
    Ah, you can feel the frustration dripping from your post. First of all, we are more than aware of the situation and are taking every step possible to finish the port over to the new K2 player now that NI has made it available to us. But it is a very involved job for both GPO and JABB. No one wishes more than we do that it was a simple job of just saving it in the new format. No such luck. It involves adding tailored scripts, new interface creation, and (especially) addressing certain features in the older programming that have been broken by the new K2 player. We have no intention of releasing a hobbled mess just to get it out the door.

    We are not alone in this. Most 3rd party developers are having to deal with the changes that MacIntel hath wrought. Even some very prominent software developers have indicated that it will be literally months before they have succeeded in making the transition to MacIntel. That will *not* be the case for us. We expect it to happen fairly soon, but we would like the people who have taken the step onto the "bleeding edge" of MacIntel to have a modicum of patience with our (and other developer's) predicament here. MacIntel broke almost everybody's software. We had to wait for Native Instruments to get their part right and now we are wrestling with our part (which will also probably involve some additional changes from NI.) No amount of "pressure" applied by anyone is going to speed the process. It is what it is and we're working on it as fast as we can. That's the most we can do.

    Tom

  7. #7

    Smile Re: When are you going to offer the Intel MacPro updates

    Studioman, don't worry, you will soon be counting your blessings. The MacPro is far superior to your former G5, has greater upgrade potential (e.g. processors), is more in tune with current developments, and IMO is a delight to use (after my own disastrous experiences with G5 Quads). A wonderful machine for the software-based musician.
    Sibelius, ProTools, Cubase
    on Mac OSX
    + plenty of coffee

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •