• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: so what IS the BEST midi keyboard for playing PIANO???

Share/Bookmark

so what IS the BEST midi keyboard for playing PIANO???

I want to buy it !

THE BEST !

But first I need to know what IS the best :-)

What gives the best piano feeling, can reach from pp to ff...

is not falling apart after one week, etcetc.....

Something from from M-audio? CME ? Studiologic/Fatar , Casio, Yamaha ?

Or .. or ...... PLEASE HELP !

Thanks

Re: so what IS the BEST midi keyboard for playing PIANO???

Only you can answer that question - you need to go out and play them!

I got a Yamaha S90es and I'm pretty happy with it. I tried the others at the store and if you are willing to pay for quality it's the way to go. Plus it's onboard piano patch "Natural Piano" is a phenomenon.

But like crotchet44 said, go try it. Best way to know if it's for you.
    Francois Jolin
    www.eonsounds.com

Is Yamaha Motif any good? I went to a store yesterday and the only keyboard with any kind of weighed keys I could find was the Yamaha Motif ES.

Best keyboards actions are found in upmarket stage / home digital pianos from Yamaha / Roland / Kawai.

If you are looking for a not-so-expensive midi-only no-sound keyboard, I think Studiologic is good value for money (and better than any Maudio/CME/Casio...)

Hi to everybody!
    It has been a long time without posting here. I am back.

Wind,

Concerning the answer to "What is THE BEST..." I second the opinion of crotchet44. You are the person who can directly answer your question. Go and make a tour to several music shops and try the Keyb.
    As a pianist I want to ask you. I suppose you to be a piano player: Do you own a real piano. If yes your piano is the best midi for you because it is a real one and you know it well! Give a look to this Site: http://www.midi9.com/index.htm
    I will myself soon give to their system a try.
    I have been in contact by email with a very kind person named Jack and I am sure he can give you or to any piano/sampled piano player good answer.
    Remark: I have nothing to do with this business - I only give you this information from myself with no economical interest.

In the other side indeed you can find good midi keyb. My favorites are:
    Kawai MP 8
    New Yamaha serie CP300, 33, motif, MO8

The midi9 solution seems to be the very best solution but your midi keyb will stay at your disposal only were it is phisically located (home, studio, etc.)

When I have some news about the function of this sytem I will report somthing to you all the pianist of this Forum if you want.

Have a very good Christmas time,

After trying quite a few I personally settled on the Yamaha P-250 digital piano. The touch on it is great and it has a very good piano sound to boot. I would recommend putting it on your list of midi keyboards to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by wind
    But first I need to know what IS the best :-)
    Well, you asked for it - Yamaha GranTouch. Not cheap, not light, not new but undoubtly the best. Although sampled back in 1997, it is still very impressing to me - offering cabinet resonance, high dynamics, half-pedalling and re-pedalling. What I miss is string resonance, release samples and more sampling storage. I'm sure this would be featured in a "GT3" if Yamaha would still develop that exclusive piano series. But of course, the major reason for buying this monster piano is the authentic wooden keyboard action with double escapement, nothing beats it.

The best MIDI controller keyboards I've ever played on are made by Doepfer:
    http://www.doepfer.de

You should definitely try these out.

I really enjoy the action on my Roland RD-700SX. I orginally picked it up for its intended use as a stage piano, but it's turned out to be a wonderful controller for sampled pianos.

Go Back to forum