• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any way to get Garritan Studio work with Overture 3.61 MAC?

Share/Bookmark

Any way to get Garritan Studio/JABB work with Overture 3.61 MAC?

Garritan Studio doesn't seem to work with mac version of Overture 3.61.. is there any solution to this? When I run the studio and then start Overture, Garritan Studio is shown in the track view, but selecting the correct Studio device doesn't change the patch-menu and all the Quicktime devices still appear.

Help.. how to use my JABB with Overture?

Re: Any way to get Garritan Studio work with Overture 3.61 MAC?

bump... so since Garritan Studio is the only way to use JABB with Overture 3.61 on OSX, JABB doesn't work with Overture 3.61?

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika
    bump... so since Garritan Studio is the only way to use JABB with Overture 3.61 on OSX, JABB doesn't work with Overture 3.61?
    OK - I just checked with this.

I am looking at Overture SE 3.6.1 which is just the limited version of Overture 3.6.1

you have to START Garritan Studio app FIRST

THEN
    Start up Ove 3.6.1.
    Create your document -
    When you select Tracks window - you will see Garritan Studio there and which channels to select, etc.

Hope this helps - it shows up just fine on mine.

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Oh, got it working! It was just deceiving, when the patch names won't update even if you choose the device. They stay as the Quicktime patch names, but you just have to choose the corresponding channel and you get the Studio sound you want. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika
    Oh, got it working! It was just deceiving, when the patch names won't update even if you choose the device. They stay as the Quicktime patch names, but you just have to choose the corresponding channel and you get the Studio sound you want. Thanks!
    Here is what I get

I load up Garritan Studio and assign an instrument

And then I open OVE SE 3.6.1 and I get this after I have opened a new document and chosen Tracks Window: As you see, I DO see where I can switch MIDI channels.

I am not sure what is happening with your setup. But mine is working just fine.

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Yea, you're right, the midi channel change works. i thought it was to be done though the patch-menu. What does your patch-menu show? At my computer it shows the quicktime instruments.. but then I realized it was the midi channel that matters, not the patch-menu..

So now everything works. Thanks for you help!!

Go Back to forum