• Register
  • Help

Topic: kontact player 2, any news on a realease date?

Share/Bookmark

kontact player 2, any news on a realease date?

right now, Finale 2007 seems to be optimized only for use with the kontact Player 2 that Finale edition GPO uses. I'm getting a bit frustrated that human playback is ignoring all hairpins, dynamics, etc... on any instruments from full version GPO.

is there ANY news what so ever on when NS will be releasing the Kontact Player 2 for full GPO?

Re: kontact player 2, any news on a realease date?

Can't you choose CC#1 for dynamics anymore? KP2 isn't that different from KP1; it reads the same controller data.

I'm afraid I'm rather dull when it comes to the whole CC# thing.

would this be in the kontact player itself?

I'm watching the mod wheel on the player and it's just not moving at all despite dynamics, hairpins, etc...

if I use the Finale edition GPO instruments in the K2 player they come with, the modwheel moves up and down depending on dynamics and hairpins, just like the old player did in Finale 2006.

The ModWheel moving in KP2 means, that HP does send CC#1 messages to the player (KP2). Is there anywhere in HP Preferences, where you can force it to send CC#1 messages to GPO, like "Use Contr. #1 for continuous dynamic" and "Activate GPO support: Always" in F06?

ok, in the HP preferences window/box, there's a section for"Dynamics & VOlume", and in there there's a setting for "Dynamic approach for sustaining instruments", which is set to "Modulation (CC#1)/Velocity for attack".

However, it seems to have absolutely no effect on GPO full instruments, at least not on my flute excerpt I'm using to test it.

I have the same line, with the same indications, played either by full GPO or by the Finale edition GPO in its K2 player, both on a flute solo.

For full GPO, dynamics = nada.
    For K2 player, dynamics are all there.

oh, for some strange reason, the percussion are doing all their hairpins and dynamics in the older file (2006) of my 2nd symphony, while the rest of the orchestra ignore all dynamic indications and even techniques (tremolos etc...).

And there is no "Activate GPO support: Always" to force it to treat dynamics GPO wise? I was just thinking, that maybe HP doesn't recognize GPO (KP1) if it is set to "Auto detect".

the HP interface is completely different in Finale 2007 than it was in Finale 2006, so I can't even FIND where there's an "activate GPO support" option anymore!

I left a brief message with Robert P., hopefully he'll get back to me about this.

Go Back to forum