• Register
  • Help

Topic: New installation issues

Share/Bookmark

New installation issues

I just installed for the first time (Mac G5 PPC 2.3) and have exhausted all I know to do at this point.

I'm getting some of the issues posted elsewhere - keyswitches not displaying - as well as no functioning keyswitch changes at all.

What worries me more is that some part of the samples seem to load, but only the first part of a hard attack sounds normal. Everything else is a distorted, distant noise. I can hear these responding to changes in velocity and the mod wheel, but it's just mush. Playing softer, I only get these distorted samples.

I get the same result whether in the player or loaded straight into Kontakt 2. Everything is up-to-date. I use Kontakt a lot, and can't seem to isolate any issues there. I've reinstalled the K Player and library, but to no avail. I do have the library installed on an external drive - along with all my other libraries.

The only download I see online is an nki file for the floating point syndrome, but this doesn't seem related to my issue - though I did try placing this in the folder and loading it anyway.

I honestly suspect a defective install DVD, or corrupt nki files at this point. I can't figure out what else may be the issue, and none of the posts seem to apply directly to what I'm experiencing.

gpax

Re: New installation issues

Anyone? I forgot to mention that during the install(s), it would hang for a while saying "zero items to install," before saying it was "succesful." I found this odd - don't know if that helps.

gpax

As regards the "missing" sounds, you just need to make sure that Strad 2 receives CC#11 (expression) from your host or external keyboard. I don't know about your missing keyswitches, though.
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

Quote Originally Posted by vic_france
    As regards the "missing" sounds, you just need to make sure that Strad 2 receives CC#11 (expression) from your host or external keyboard. I don't know about your missing keyswitches, though.
    I have a PC, and even tried drawing in CC#11...and still the keyswitches aren't working...not only that...but when I play in the "blue zone" the thing is switching modes randomly all over the place...tremelo...harmonics...spiccato...

I am starting to feel like buying into the group buy after hearing the demos was pretty foolish on my part.

I love GPO and Kontakt, and I really didn't expect to have to waste two-hours time trying to get a Garritan product to work...with no results.

GPO was a breeze...Kontakt, Absynth, Stormdrum...these are not simple programs and all work fine on my machine...and I see that I am not alone with these Strad challenges. What's going on???

Best,

Mark
    Last edited by jeraz; 12-20-2006 at 10:18 PM. Reason: correct typos.
    CloudStreetsMusic.com*Broadjam.com
    REAPER*SAMPLITUDE V9 Pro*SONAR 6.01 PE*GPO
    GPO STRAD*KONTAKT*ABSYNTH*STORMDRUM*JAMSTIX
    UAD-1*RME FIREFACE 800*API A2D*RODE K2/NT5s

Go Back to forum