• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO full version in finale?

Share/Bookmark

GPO full version in finale?

Is it possible to use my full version of GPO in Finale, rather than the abbreviated version that comes with Finale 2007? Thanks. Rilla

Re: GPO full version in finale?

Simple answer - YES!

Assuming you have both Full GPO and Finale installed in the default directories (and assuming Windows), COPY the files from C:/Program Files/Garritan Personal Orchestra/VST and paste them into C:/Program Files/Finale 2007/FinaleVst.

You should then be able to access full GPO from Finale.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Simple answer - YES!

Assuming you have both Full GPO and Finale installed in the default directories (and assuming Windows), COPY the files from C:/Program Files/Garritan Personal Orchestra/VST and paste them into C:/Program Files/Finale 2007/FinaleVst.

You should then be able to access full GPO from Finale.
    I believe you also need these two other files (gpofullinstrument.txt and gpoinstrument.txt) which aren't on the C:/Program Files/Garritan Personal Orchestra/VST folder.

Serge

"I believe you also need these two other files (gpofullinstrument.txt and gpoinstrument.txt) which aren't on the C:/Program Files/Garritan Personal Orchestra/VST folder."

I am somewhat confused/lost here. "gpofullinstrument.txt and gpoinstrument.txt which aren't on the C:/Program Files/Garritan Personal Orchestra/VST folder." Where will I find these file, if they are not in "C:/Program Files/Garritan Personal Orchestra/VST folder."

I installed Finale 2007 about three weeks ago and then I installed the full GPO about two week later. I can not get the full version to work with Finale 07. Some of the instruments in the full GPO will show in the list of instrumets in VST setup in Finale 07. According to NI or Garritan.com within the next sixty days an upgrade is due to come out that will allow the Full GPO to work through Kontakt 2 player.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSands
    I am somewhat confused/lost here. "gpofullinstrument.txt and gpoinstrument.txt which aren't on the C:/Program Files/Garritan Personal Orchestra/VST folder." Where will I find these file, if they are not in "C:/Program Files/Garritan Personal Orchestra/VST folder."
    "gpoinstrument.txt" is the list of instruments, you see in the wizard, when you choose Finale GPO. It is installed by the Finale installer and it does not pertain to full GPO.

"gpofullinstrument.txt" is the list of instruments, you see in the wizard, when you choose full GPO. It seems to be installed by the full GPO version 1.1.8.3 updater and it pertains only to full GPO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    "gpofullinstrument.txt" is the list of instruments, you see in the wizard, when you choose full GPO. It seems to be installed by the full GPO version 1.1.8.3 updater and it pertains only to full GPO.
    I tried it, but it asks for the Finale 2006 folder, so it does not seem to work with a clean install of Finale 2007.

Hi-I haven't gotten it to work yet, but this was a fresh install of 2007 of this computer-I'm sorry to see others with the same problem-but relieved to see it isn't just my system! I do have 2006, so I may try an uninstall, install over this weekend if I can find time. I am always looking for an easier way to get these systems to work together-it is such a puzzle. It has gotten better over the years, tho'-and the samples have improve sooo much. Thanks for your answers-they are very helpful!

Copy the file indicated into Finale 2007, and it will work. I copied it into 2006 as per the instructions in the Users Manual and it did not work. I called MakeMusic and the tech rep saw the instructions in the UM and told me it was a mis-print. It should read "copy into Finale 2007." I copied it into Finale 2007's VST folder and it works perfectly.

I did not need the gpoinstrument.txt files for it work. However, in the Wizard the the Full GPO does not show. I'm still working on that. The above instructions will allow you to go to the "MIDI" and "Native Instruments VST Setup," and from there you will have a choice between Kontakt 2 Player and GPO full version. Choose GPO full and follow the set-up procedure and you will be in heaven when you here your compositions played back. I AM!

Nickie, if I copy the gpoinstrument.txt files suggested will this add the full GPO to the Wizard and allow me to choose the instruments in the full version rather than the limited choice found in the Finale GPO instrument choice?

Where do we find the files (gpofullinstrument.txt and gpoinstrument.txt)?

Go Back to forum