• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Help Wanted: Finale Work

Share/Bookmark

Help Wanted: Finale Work

Hi Everyone,

I am setting up for an upcoming project and I might need someone to help me with the Finale work.

The job will require the person to own and be extremely fluent in Finale 2006. I will send the person either Digital Performer files or standard midi files of full orchestra mockups and that person will need to convert them into scores that can be put in front of a conductor and are ready for part extraction. The person will also need to listen to a mockup and add all dynamic, expression and articulation markings. The person will NOT be responsible for creating a midi mockup.

If you are interested, please contact me off list at the following email:

andy{at}andybrick.com (replace {at} with @)
    Phone: 917-327-0293
    Email: andy@andybrick.com
    Web: http://www.andybrick.com
    AIM: andybrick

Re: Help Wanted: Finale Work

Andy,
    Jerry Wickham is your man.

I'm sure there are others quite capable too.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Andy,
    Jerry Wickham is your man.

I'm sure there are others quite capable too.

Dan
    DPDAN, do you think that Jerry Wickham would be interested in teaching me how to do this type of work. I am willing to work as a free apprentice to learn the craft. I just purchased Finale 2007 and I spend at least eight hours or more working with this incredible program. I find that there is nothing in life I love more than working with this program. I have given up all my other passions for this one. I am hooked. I am interested in learning the copyist craft and need a mentor.

Hi George, I want to welcome you to the greatest forum on Earth!

You can do a search for Jerry Wickham on this forum, and then double click his name and choose "send a Private Message to Jerry Wickham"

Jerry lives in Illinois north of Chicago, so I am not sure it would be possible for the two of you to get together, but it never hurts to make a new friend though.

Dan

Andy,

I agree with Dan. Jerry is your guy. Hopefully, his pallete has lessened since the last time I talked with him and he can take this gig.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

I'm flattered Dan and Jonny.

Andy, I sent you an email. I am not sure how soon you need this. I am pretty booked till the first weekend of December. But I cannot see how I could posssibly pass on the chance to work for you. This really is a toughie. I am producing (well, writing the script, organizing and filming photos, filming video and writing and rendering the music for) a DVD documentary about my dad. The family is throwing him an 80th birthday bash on December 2. So my focus HAS to be on that until I get it complete. After that, I could be totally available to work with you. If you need it before then, and it seems like quite a job, I would be happy to recommend a few other people I know who would fit the bill.

Ms. Sands,
    I am not a professional by any means. Jeff Turner here on the forum is the truly bonafide copyist. I am VERY fluent in Finale as a notation program. But, I am still getting my own feet wet with its uses with GPO and other MIDI capabilites. I have always been more on the side of the visual product when using it rather than using it as any soource for playback of the music.

If I am very careful and double and triple check my work, I can be very good at copy work. But there have been some very regrettable times when I wasn't as thorough as I should have been and caused a lot of problems for the client.

The first tool a copyist must have is a total eye for DETAIL. Nothing must escape your observation. The second is a firm grasp on theory. It really does help when editorial choices have to be made. In this case, a good ear will be a must.

Anywhoo. Andy, let me know your deadline issues, and I will try to see what I can do to assist you in what time I can devote until the 3rd of December, when I will be totally free of this family obligation.

Thanks!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Why Finale? Why not Sibelius?
    Garam Heo, Contemporary Christian Artist
    Music produced by Christopher and Craig Reeves
    http://www.garamheo.com
    http://www.youtube.com/GaramHeoMusic
    SUBSCRIBE TODAY AND JOIN OUR MAILING LIST FOR A FREE MUSIC DOWNLOAD!

Because all the members of the team, work with the same program. That's why.

Anyways... thought I'd post here as well

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSands
    I find that there is nothing in life I love more than working with this program. I have given up all my other passions for this one. I am hooked.
    I wouldn't recommend isolating yourself from all other existence... as fun as it is plopping notes into Finale... it's not worth the utter destruction of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Archibald
    I wouldn't recommend isolating yourself from all other existence... as fun as it is plopping notes into Finale... it's not worth the utter destruction of your life.
    Jason,
    Welcome to the forum! I am with GeorgeSands. Music is a worthy passion pursuing to the exclusion of others.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum