• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do I upgrade from GS3 Solo to GS3 Ens?

Share/Bookmark

Question How do I upgrade from GS3 Solo to GS3 Ens?

Hello, everyone. I just purchased Gigastudio 3 Ensemble. When it arrived, I noticed they had shipped Gigastudio 3 Solo instead. I then realised that the serial number for Ensemble is on the seller's invoice. The serial sticker for Ensemble looks just like the one on the inside of the cd case for Gigastudio Solo, so I'm sure it is genuine.

Anyways, Giga's registration app will not let me enter the serial for Ensemble...only Solo will function at the moment.

My question is, how do I get access to Gigastudio 3 Ensemble? It is what I paid for, but I cannot figure out how to get everything set up.

Any thoughs?

Thanks,
    Mike

Re: How do I upgrade from GS3 Solo to GS3 Ens?

Get what you paid for.

Resolve this with your vendor.

BTW, who was your vendor?

Scitscat Music from eBay sold it. They have a very high sale count, with near-perfect positive feedback. The thing is, I got it for very cheap, as did some other people I know. My friends had ordered Gigastudio 3 Orchestra, and that is exactly what was delivered to them.

Is this not possible to resolve with Tascam?

You really can't blame Tascam for someone selling you the wrong product. You would probaby find out that the seller isn't an authorized reseller of Tascam products anyway. And if they are then it shouldn't be a problem. Did you pay for it through PayPal. Both Ebay and PayPal have a process for recourse when you are delivered a product substantially different from what was advertised.

I realize that this is not Tascam's fault. Yes, I used PapPal, so I may need to do something through PayPal to resolve this. I'll call Tascam Monday to find out if I got screwed over this sale or not.

Thanks for your responses, everyone.

don't know if it will make you feel any better, but I purchased a copy of GS3 Ensemble from ScitScat, and it came through with a bad registration number. When I tried to register it came back as already registered. I was none too happy!

I called, and they had the whole mess straightened out in a matter of a couple of hours.

Their explanation about what happened was backed up by the folks at Tascam. (And yes, they are an authorized Tascam reseller, or at least they were a few months ago!)

While it was a few minutes of panic, I was thoroughly pleased with my dealings with them, and they are at the top of my list of internet vendors as a result.

I expect that if you call them tomorrow you'll have a similar tale... at least I hope so!!!

Good Luck!
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

Smile Re: How do I upgrade from GS3 Solo to GS3 Ens?

I bought GigaPulse from them. No problems. Very pleased.

(from the store proper, not Ebay)

I'll bet they'll make good on the mistake.

Go Back to forum