• Register
  • Help

Topic: Script tutorial and script editor

Share/Bookmark

Script tutorial and script editor

I post a pair of scripting resources of mine in hope that someone will find them useful:The script editor has a builtin compiler which makes it possible to write scripts in an extended version of the ksp language which is a bit more convenient (eg. one can use for-loops, organize large scripts by splitting them into multiple independant modules, define new functions, etc.). The use of these extensions are completely optional and I think one can benefit a lot from it even if one does not use the compiler).

Regards,
    Nils

Re: Script tutorial and script editor

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    I post a pair of scripting resources of mine in hope that someone will find them useful:
    The script editor has a builtin compiler which makes it possible to write scripts in an extended version of the ksp language which is a bit more convenient (eg. one can use for-loops, organize large scripts by splitting them into multiple independant modules, define new functions, etc.). The use of these extensions are completely optional and I think one can benefit a lot from it even if one does not use the compiler).

Regards,
    Nils
    Thanks for posting this Nils!
    This is a great tutorial, and everyone who writes scripts knows of the Nils script editor. It is a must have for everyone interested in writing K2 scripts. Go get it now!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Thanks Brian. Let me just add that my tutorial is best seen as a complement to NI's introduction and not a replacement.

I have now made available a new version 1.18 of the editor with support for all features of Kontakt 2.2 (it has earlier been available as a patch, but now it's integrated into the installation). Download it here. (updated screenshot)

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    I post a pair of scripting resources of mine in hope that someone will find them useful:The script editor has a builtin compiler which makes it possible to write scripts in an extended version of the ksp language which is a bit more convenient (eg. one can use for-loops, organize large scripts by splitting them into multiple independant modules, define new functions, etc.). The use of these extensions are completely optional and I think one can benefit a lot from it even if one does not use the compiler).

Regards,
    Nils
    Thanks! I want to get into ksp programming, and now I know where to start!!

These remarks are crucial for my decision for contact sampler. thank you for this information
    Best regards Hans Borrmann

Thanks! I want to get into ksp programming

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Borrmann View Post
    These remarks are crucial for my decision for contact sampler. thank you for this information
    Best regards Hans Borrmann
    Exactly the same for me. Now i'm going sampler shopping Thanks alot Nils

Go Back to forum