• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale Sonar Garritan and Kontakt Player 2

Share/Bookmark

Finale Sonar Garritan and Kontakt Player 2

Guys,

I don't know what I have at this point. The first thing that I bought was Sonar, which has been upgraded all along to 6. I bought Garritan Personal Orchstra to use with it, and it had Kontakt Player.

I also own Finale, which I've kept upgraded to Finale 2007. With 2006 it came with Garritan Poicket Orchestra. Now with 2007, it has Pocket with Kontakt Player 2.

My questions:
    1) What licenses do I really have at this point?
    2) Can I get my Garritan Personal Orchestra running on Kontakt 2 in Finale or do I need to downgrade back to 1?

3) Unlikely.. can Garritan Personal Orchestra in Sonar 6 with Kontakt Player 2?

4) very unlikely.....can I get a cheap upgrade out of both of these Kontakt players to a full Kontakt Player 2? Surely I get some NI credit here at some point! :-) LOL

Bob Metivier

Re: Finale Sonar Garritan and Kontakt Player 2

Quote Originally Posted by BobM
    Guys,

I don't know what I have at this point. The first thing that I bought was Sonar, which has been upgraded all along to 6. I bought Garritan Personal Orchstra to use with it, and it had Kontakt Player.

I also own Finale, which I've kept upgraded to Finale 2007. With 2006 it came with Garritan Poicket Orchestra. Now with 2007, it has Pocket with Kontakt Player 2.

My questions:
    1) What licenses do I really have at this point?
    2) Can I get my Garritan Personal Orchestra running on Kontakt 2 in Finale or do I need to downgrade back to 1?

3) Unlikely.. can Garritan Personal Orchestra in Sonar 6 with Kontakt Player 2?

4) very unlikely.....can I get a cheap upgrade out of both of these Kontakt players to a full Kontakt Player 2? Surely I get some NI credit here at some point! :-) LOL

Bob Metivier
    You own Sonar6 , Finale 2007, and, GPO (full, comes with its own CD, yes?)

1. You have 3 licenses: one each for Sonar6, Finale 2007, and GPO. Consider the Garritan sounds included in Finale to be part of it.

Regarding GPO and Kontakt 2 Player: GPO was created in Kontakt 1. It runs on a Version 1 Player. Garritan Corporation plans to port GPO to a Kontakt 2 player version (a GPO update) as soon as the Universal binary for K2 is released by native instruments.

2. I'm not totally up with Finale, but the K2 player included with finale 07 will run the included GPO soundset fine, I believe. You may have to wait for the above mentioned update for the full GPO to work nicely.

3. GPO will run with a K2 player as soon as it's ported to the K2 player, as mentioned above.

4. There is a crossgrade to buy the full fledged version of K2 for registered GPO users. I believe the crossgrade price is around $250, versus $500. Once you've registered GPO on the NI site, you should be able to log in and go over to the shop, were you can add the crossgrade to your cart and get the price.

Hope this helps!

Go Back to forum