• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Best chair to sit out butts down for 12 hours at a time?

Share/Bookmark

OT: Best chair to sit out butts down for 12 hours at a time?

Any recommendations here. Probably should be able to raise 'seat' (where top of seat measures to the floor) to 24-25"

Thanks for any recommedations you may have.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: OT: Best chair to sit out butts down for 12 hours at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    Now I don't have one yet since I'd rather spend money on software and libraries, but I have sat in them before.

The Aeron Chair (Herman Miller)

I have also seen lookalikes recently at office supply stores, but I haven't tried them out.

Tom

Many thanks. Does anyone know if they have a Aeron chair that extends up to 24 maybe 25" ??

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Post Re: OT: Best chair to sit out butts down for 12 hours at a time?

Hi Rob,

I have an Aeron chair and I highly recommend it. It's comfortable for long durations, it has excellent lumbar support and it breaths as a result of the mesh fabric of the seat. I don't think the seat comes up quite as high as you mentioned.

Best wishes,

Kaveh

www.kavehcohen.com

Personally, I think that the Aeron is awful. It's way too stiff and austere... like sitting on a $4,000 ergonomically countoured park bench...

Obviously you'll only only know what chair is best for you by sitting in a lot of different ones.

That said, *THIS* is the chair that makes me happy... for hours and hours and hours...

The HÅG Capisco:

http://www.hag.no/hag_us.nsf/pages/hag_capisco

Cushiony and supportive. Fully adjustable, to help you maintain good posture. Plus, you can sit on it four different ways, by rotating the seat 90 degrees before sitting down. The backrest becomes an elbow-rest (spun around 180 degrees so your chest is now pressing against where your back was pressed a moment ago) or shoulder-rest (spun around 90 degrees in either direction), allowing you to refresh your body by switching positions every few hours...

The minimal backing allows you to make your way around your desk or work area, even with cables dangling or a guitar strapped around your neck...

It cost about $600 when I got mine... may be cheaper by now...

The chairs come with a ten year warranty, and a lifetime guaranty on the gas lifts...

HÅG was, according to their website, "the first Scandinavian furniture manufacturer to be registered as an environmentally aware business under the EU EMAS regulations," so you can rest with a clear conscience...
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Quote Originally Posted by KC
    Hi Rob,

I have an Aeron chair and I highly recommend it. It's comfortable for long durations, it has excellent lumbar support and it breaths as a result of the mesh fabric of the seat. I don't think the seat comes up quite as high as you mentioned.

Best wishes,

Kaveh

www.kavehcohen.com

Thanks Kaveh. My desk with keyboard sitting on it requires my to be at about 24". Sure like the looks of the Aeron chair as well.,

Alan - I have been recommended the Hag chair as well. Looks interesting. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Many thanks you guys.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum