• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: How many installs do i get for EWQL sym gold

Share/Bookmark

How many installs do i get for EWQL sym gold

I want to install to more then one PC, which I own, is this allowed? You know brass on one and strings on the other?

Re: How many installs do i get for EWQL sym gold

Quote Originally Posted by The Sinner
    I want to install to more then one PC, which I own, is this allowed? You know brass on one and strings on the other?
    2 Pc, but I'm sure nobody is going to blame you if you install on more than 2. It's a protection thing... just so long as you paied for the sofware an you alone use it, it's fine IMO.

So does that mean if I have 3 pcs I will not be ABLE to install it all on them?? Its all stuff I own.

So does that mean if I have 3 pcs I will not be ABLE to install it all on them?? Its all stuff I own.
    It means you can install it on tow Pcs... you will have to cancel one activation to install it on a third Pc... But that doesn't mean you have to unistall your previous install . Get it?

So yea!, you'll be able to install it on 3 Pcs but one of them will be officialy illigale... but who cares, no one will know, and i don't think NI cares if you have it on 3 or 2 Pcs... Just so long as it's your Pcs and that you payed for the software.. It's a copy protection thing , and i don't think it should be taken to the letter... If you paied for the software that is...

my 2 cents..,

You don't own it! You only bought a license to use it - you can install on two computers at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    So yea!, you'll be able to install it on 3 Pcs but one of them will be officialy illigale... but who cares, no one will know, and i don't think NI cares if you have it on 3 or 2 Pcs... Just so long as it's your Pcs and that you payed for the software.. It's a copy protection thing , and i don't think it should be taken to the letter... If you paied for the software that is...

my 2 cents..,
    That is not wise advice!

A: Yes I do OWN my computers. They are mine.

B: I dont own EW yet, but I am considering buying it. Can 1 or 2 modern dedicated PC's handle the workload? Do I even need to worry about a third computer?

c: Is the PRO expansion a worthwile purchase?

D: What are "butter" strings??

A. Well done!

B. You won't be "owning" EW libraries, you will have a "license" to use the libraries. HUGE difference! If you owned them you could sell them... and make profit and resell them and so on... . Which EW? Silver, Gold or Platinum? The first two can be handled in a single computer with no problem! Platinum can be tircky, still if you freeze a lot, or export a lot, you can use a single computer. With 2 slave computers and a third one with Cubase/Sonar/Logic/etc you can make it more or less, since you will install EW products on the 2 slaves and not the main computer.

C. Yes, with new articulations, small string sectios for div playing, repeated notes in almost all instruments (especially in the brass... so no machine gun effect), more percussion and so on...

D. Soft playing and they are butter legato. I actually use them quite a lot and I love the sound.

PS. If you were goig for Platinum, the seperate symphonic families (woods, strings etc) were sold intependenly, so you would have 2 installs for each family. Considering that you could spread platinum over 4 computers, one for each family, you would have no problem over that...

Other than that, what is illegal, is and stays illegal. The reassurance that you won't get caught is not enough for me to start being illegal, what about you? Common sense comes lot of times into play, but just know the risks. Most of the time risks are 0,01% but still they are there. Your call.

Well I am looking at Gold, I allready have a ton of Giga samples but I think I am desiring a more uniformed sound and better strings. I allready bought Project Sam stuff, and I have no desire for doing anything illegal. I am simply trying to find info.

Then, unless you have a couple of computers (studio ones I mean) in different places, or homes, you will only need 1 computer for gold.

I personally have, gold, gold xp pro, SC, and Ivory. All in 1 computer. Of course I would never dare to try Ivory along with SC all at the same time, but as I said with freezing or exporting you can go a long way.

Other than that, of course, I was not implying anything at all about legal-illegal... Just that I've been involved in rather many copyright-piracy-download-tabs discussions over here and wanted to clear my position. Nothing to do with you.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast