• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Mulligan-JABB

Share/Bookmark

Mulligan-JABB

This is an arrangement my brother has found by Gerry Mulligan, for the M. Davis nonet. I think it has never been recorded, so I've done a rendition of a part of it. It's called "Joost at the roost". Instruments are:

Alto sax 3
    Bari 1
    Trumpet 4
    French horn 1
    Trombone 3
    Tuba
    Jazz piano lite
    Upright bass 2
    Classic jazz drum kit

It's all JABB but the french horn, which is GPO

I hope you enjoy

http://www.robertosoggetti.com/mp3%2...he%20roost.mp3

Roberto

Re: Mulligan-JABB

Roberto,

The link isn't working
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Richard, the link works for me, I don't understand...

Roberto

For me also the link is not possible...

rkmusic, I'm sorry, if you want to download the mp3 right-click the link and choose "save destination as" or you could visit www.robertosoggetti.com and go to the mp3 page

Roberto

Roberto,

There must be something wrong with your website - I'm just getting a "Cannot find server..." error message.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

No problems with the link. Nice rendition, I like it.

Vey nice rendition Roberto, especially the Alto & Baritone solos - very realistic sounding, nice solos too. Couple of questions - Was the JABB Kontakt player or Full Kontakt2 used? How much tweaking to achieve the phrasing, slurs etc? and What reverb did you use?

Again really nice rendition

Mike

Mike, thank you.
    I have just purchased Kontakt2 and I'm discovering the many things you can do on the Jabb patches, reassigning controllers, changing eqs etc. I think Kontakt is a much more powerful tool, you can really alter the sounds to suit your needs. So I have tweaked every instrument, it took a couple of hours to do it, but once the instruments respond the way I want them to it doesn't take too much to complete the tracks. I play everything in realtime, and then I have to compensate for the slight delay due to the soundcard latency which makes keeping time somewhat difficult. Then some finishing touches, adding sustain pedal and changing some velocity and so on. Reverb is Wizooverb, I like it a lot.

best

Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by oldbob
    rkmusic, I'm sorry, if you want to download the mp3 right-click the link and choose "save destination as" or you could visit www.robertosoggetti.com and go to the mp3 page

Roberto
    I have intent to reach your MP3 directly with clik on the link, with secondary mouse button "Save destination as..." and going to your Site. Not possible with any of the 3 ways!
    I´ll try after some time.

Good to know that with K2 the possibilities are more subtancials. I have to try it soon.

Best,

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast