• Register
  • Help

Topic: It's quiet in here....it's too quiet.

Share/Bookmark

It's quiet in here....it's too quiet.

Seems like there hasn't been a lot of activity on this forum of late. I guess what with Christmas and all, that's to be expected. Anyone composing any Christmas-type concert pieces in NOTION?

Or perhaps Jason's reticence is because they have finally come up with the most AWE-INSPIRED solo strings!~O

-Dave

Re: It's quiet in here....it's too quiet.

Hi

With me, its pretty much what you've said. Really busy with holidays and awaiting the Rythym package. I had one bug come up with a printing issue on a larger score, but Libby in the Tech department helped me with that rather nicely and eventually all was well.

I will say this, that finding Notion was one of the best things to happen to me this year. I lost my younger brother a few months back, and that along with a few other items has made this a difficult year in many ways. For a project I was involved in I had been searching for notation software and when I got a hold of the Notion demo in the mail I was simply blown away by the playback. I love the midi stuff and am blown away with what many can do with it, but when I discovered I could get such an immediate great sound with Notion -- and had the ablity to make it reflect the emotions I wanted it to reflect, I was hooked. It allowed me to just set back and begin to write music again. I am not knocking any other set up or program, just expressing how much I've enjoyed Notion -- bugs and all.

Notion at the moment does not really handle lyrics like I really need it too, but hey, that is ok as improvements seem to be on the way. I don't know if any one program will ever serve every need, but Notion scratches a major itch for me. For the moment, after a tough year, thats my two cents (or shilling, or whatever since this is the WWW.)

Hawksong

Quote Originally Posted by davecos
    Or perhaps Jason's reticence is because they have finally come up with the most AWE-INSPIRED solo strings!~O
    We're working feverishly on it, let me assure you.

(G#7 is too high a note to have to listen to all day.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksong
    I don't know if any one program will ever serve every need, but Notion scratches a major itch for me.
    Glad to be of... uh... service.

And please accept my condolences on the loss of your brother.
    --J

lol, when I said itch, I was. of course, speaking methaphorically...or musically... I think you get the point...

thanks...lol

I too am waiting for the 1.6 update and the Rhythm kit.

Is there something I can do to get the sax sounds and trumpet to sound better in a Jazz setting? The sounds are very classical to my ears "in my opinion" and just don't quite sound right in a jazz/pop arrangement I am working on. In an orchestral setting, they would be great, but most of my arranging is in the Jazz, Pop, Country, Gospel and Blues styles.

The updates are too late for my final school project (for current semester), so I purchased Garritan JABB and I am trying to use it.

I can hardly wait for the leadsheet, chord entry and rhythm section for Notion.

Jim Stover
    Georgia, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Windsor
    We're working feverishly on it, let me assure you.

(G#7 is too high a note to have to listen to all day.)
    Now that's what we like to hear! This is the most anticipated purchase for me in the New Year. Cannot wait (well, actually I can but I'm excited about this sound kit that's for sure!).

Go Back to forum