• Register
  • Help

Topic: A Little Shameless Self Promotion

Share/Bookmark

A Little Shameless Self Promotion

The little CD of Peter and the Wolf that Joani (my wife) and I made last year was just placed on the iTunes store. For some reason the explanation of how the recording was made, with GPO only of course, is not on the page. If any of you feel so inclined, a little review would be nice, and perhaps a short description of GPO.

If you have iTunes on your computer, just click on this link to go right to the page in the store, via the iTunes ap.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=208132086

Thanks to Gary for making this just about the most fun thing I've ever done.

Karl

Re: A Little Shameless Self Promotion

Let us know if you rack up any appreciable sales figures.
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Music Copyist in Sibelius
    Apple MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
    Apple Certified Support Professional. I also work with Windows.

I don't have any kids so I bought The Wolf comes back for my wolf.

Congratulations Karl!! iTunes!! COOL!!

Thanks Steph, but it's really no big deal. Anyone that has a CD for sale can put it on iTunes. But thanks. You'd be surprised at the junk that's in the iTunes Store. Now if ever P&tW makes it to the main page, that might be kind of cool.

Karl

Hi Karl!!
    I didn't know that about itunes. It's still a very cool thing though!! I hope that it does make it to the main page!!
    Take Care,
    Steph

Karl has done a wonderful rendition of this classic musical tale. The narration by Joani Garrett is one the best I've heard for Peter and the Wold.

As a child I was first exposed to the instruments of the orchestra from listening to Peter and the Wolf. This is great music for teaching children about the orchestra and would make an excellent gift.

Thanks Karl for telling us about your CD.

Gary Garritan

The sad thing is that I wrote a nice little synopsis of how the CD was done with GPO and for some reason it didn't make it to the page. Just something else to look into. And as yet it doesn't show if you do a search on Peter and the Wolf. The only thing that shows it that silly little song I wrote for the end of the album called The Wolf Comes Back. I certainly don't want to be remembered for writing that.

If for some reason the link above doesn't get you there, If you do a search for Karl Garrett the page will appear.

If you want a hard copy of the CD you can get it from CD Baby. I have to say that I think the artwork is pretty cool on the inside.

Thanks for all your friendships during the past year, and may all of you have a very happy holiday. Which ever one strikes your fancy.

Karl

I love the Wolf Comes Back. I didn't really buy it for my wolf (Siberian Husky), i bought it for me. I don't know what it's called, but it sounds kinda Vienna Waltzish. I particularly like the part during and between the narration, i would buy a score of it to study if available.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    I love the Wolf Comes Back. I didn't really buy it for my wolf (Siberian Husky), i bought it for me. I don't know what it's called, but it sounds kinda Vienna Waltzish. I particularly like the part during and between the narration, i would buy a score of it to study if available.
    Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. That piece is actually the second part of "Wolf Song". This title, because of the way iTunes sets things up, could not be listed. On the CD these two parts are linked with no fades.

If you'd like to download an mp.3, here is a link.

Winter in the Forest

Thanks again,

Karl

Go Back to forum