• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ivory's Italian Grand

Share/Bookmark

Ivory's Italian Grand

It arrived me on yesterday from Bestservice. It's great: 12-layers-12 and a charming, rounded sound.

The Bb(2) sounds a bit metallic when played forte: anyone noticed this?

Re: Ivory's Italian Grand

People at this site have been hating the online demos. Could you post an audio clip of your own creation? Thanks!

I am not liking this piano so far.

I had to do a session this morning and went back to Ivory's Yamaha.

I am not sure if I could sell this Italian Grand (since I already opened it and installed it) but this may have been one of those purchases that never ever gets used.

I spent a couple of days tweaking and still found their Yamaha to be better for me.

I wanted to love this piano but am very dissapointed.

Just my opinion.

I will still give the Italian Grand another shot at some point but for now it's back to the Yamaha.

Hello,
    Thanks for posting your impressions..Could be great also to know the style of music you do with this piano.
    About demo..The new demo are good..the beginning of Prokofiev toccata, is a good example to hear the repetead notes and sound not "gun effect"
    Any report before I buy it?
    best regards
    Dup

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman
    People at this site have been hating the online demos. Could you post an audio clip of your own creation? Thanks!
    I'm a very bad pianist, but I'll do what I can, be patient... ;-)

Meanwhile, I confirm that Synthogy's demos give a perfect idea of what kind of piano one can expect: rather mellow.

IMO, apart from personal taste, the Italian Grand sampling is superb like any other Ivory piano (I'm not a Synthogy's employee... ;-)

Go Back to forum