• Register
  • Help

Topic: MOTU Readies Vista-Compatible Drivers For Interface Products

Share/Bookmark

MOTU Readies Vista-Compatible Drivers For Interface Products

Cambridge, MA (December 12, 2006)--Windows Vista, Microsoft's anticipated next-generation operating system for the PC, is due to ship worldwide at the end of January, 2007. In advance of Vista's formal release, MOTU is now shipping a public beta release of Vista-compatible drivers for all MOTU FireWire, PCI and USB hardware interface products.

Re: MOTU Readies Vista-Compatible Drivers For Interface Products

Yet another reason why you have to love MOTU!
    Tim

I don't think it's like an assembly line that makes Mach5 updates today and hardware drivers on Thursday, dabbler. Sure they set priorities, but I'm sure it takes a lot less time to come up with a hardware driver than to rework a complicated program to make it run on a different processor - if it's even the same people working on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Cambridge, MA (December 12, 2006)--Windows Vista, Microsoft's anticipated next-generation operating system for the PC, is due to ship worldwide at the end of January, 2007. In advance of Vista's formal release, MOTU is now shipping a public beta release of Vista-compatible drivers for all MOTU FireWire, PCI and USB hardware interface products.
    I've got to say that, in working with the folks at MOTU over the last few months, I'm very impressed with their attitude toward making these types of improvements on the Windows Platform. They not only updated their drivers to run on Vista, but signed their drivers (requires for X64, optional for X64), improved their installer, and improved some of the power management issues that people were hitting.

As a beta, there may still be problems, but if you're running (or will be running) Vista, they're one of the first hardware companies to jump on board.

My hat's off to them...

Pat Azzarello
    Pat Azzarello
    http://www.patazzarello.com

Hi Pat,

I've just take a look to the .inf file of Motu Vista drivers. I don't see the line
    for WaveRT drivers. (KScategory_Realtime).

All HDaudio chipset have this feature in Vista.

The upcoming Sonar 6.2 update will include WaveRT support.

Do you know when Motu will support WaveRT drivers like others Hdaudio chipsets?

Regards,

Olivier

I don't know if or when they will support WaveRT. It's something that each individual hardware vendor has to decide to support (or not). We'll certainly give them the necessary information if they're interested.

Pat
    Pat Azzarello
    http://www.patazzarello.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Azzarello
    I don't know if or when they will support WaveRT. It's something that each individual hardware vendor has to decide to support (or not). We'll certainly give them the necessary information if they're interested.

Pat
    Hi Pat,

Can you enlight me, a moderator in Traktor NI forum claim that WaveRT will be only at 16/44 resolution because of DRM's :

here the link :

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=45921

Please enlight us and stop flase rumors about Vista audio core.

Olivier

Go Back to forum