• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Obama!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Talking Obama!!!!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Could this be our knight in shining armor?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/....ap/index.html

I think so...

"...History teacher and Democrat Mark Bingham of Alton met Obama and said that despite his inexperience he could rank among presidents named Lincoln and Kennedy."

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Obama!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    Hey! No Politics Didn't you read the rules?!?
    LOL!!!
    I make the rules!!!!

JUST KIDDING.... actually, i don't

We can talk about it as long as we play nice I think...

If anyone is offended, I'll pull it down...

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

Talking Re: Obama!!!!

I couldn't either...that's the thing...LOL

I agree it's all very humerous starting with the comparison of JFK with Lincoln and the second quantum leap even further to Obama.

say.... you two look related

so much for a peaceful political thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    A Conservative's Worst Nightmare?
    Ern
    I don't think so in the case of Obama.
    I am not a big fan of Hillary and I am even less of a fan of speaker Pelosi. Sen. Clinton is well qualified and very smart - but too divisive. Speaker Pelosi is also very smart and I often agree with her politics - but not her methods. She is no different than Tom Delay in her approach - minus the corruption (for now)...(although she seems to have no trouble in appointing some of the more important chairs to people who have had questionable dealings). Worse - she puts political loyalty ahead of what is good for the country. The new House intel committee chairman flunked the "who are the terrorists?" quiz for crying out loud!

Obama is a moderate. The other potentials are too liberal (for my taste - except Biden or maybe General Clark) and especially for those who lean to the right. Obama puts country ahead of party, ideology, or loyalty to donors etc. He has impressed conservatives wherever he has gone. He is a smart, well educated, and unifying figure. If anything, Obama is the extreme left’s worst nightmare - but also the extreme right - which means the center wins - and I think that’s what a lot of people want...and what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    [COLOR=black]
    Obama is a moderate. The other potentials are too liberal (for my taste - except Biden or maybe General Clark) and especially for those who lean to the right. Obama puts country ahead of party, ideology, or loyalty to donors etc. He has impressed conservatives wherever he has gone. He is a smart, well educated, and unifying figure. If anything, Obama is the extreme left’s worst nightmare - but also the extreme right - which means the center wins - and I think that’s what a lot of people want...and what we need.

What's so funny is you know more about Obama than Obama. The only reason why he has impressed people is no one really knows what he stands for. He's really done nothing since he was elected.

The guy does have a presence about him that attracts people. He seems like he wouldn't participate in the typical Washington cat fights that have turned voters off.

You are really misleading yourself if you think any politician does half of what you mentioned.

Talking Re: Obama!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy
    You are really misleading yourself if you think any politician does half of what you mentioned.
    Point taken. But I always leave room to be pleasantly surprised.

He's really done nothing since he was elected.
    I beg to differ. He has authored and co-authored/sponsored quite a bit of legislation (mostly with moderate republicans), most of which has passed and will become law. The "Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006" - among other things - quite remarkable for a junior senator. It's not that he hasn't done anything...it's that very often, people don't pay attention to what is being done. I think this has been made abundantly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by dpc
    I agree it's all very humerous starting with the comparison of JFK with Lincoln and the second quantum leap even further to Obama.
    I agree that Kennedy was no Lincoln. One thing that they did have in common was that they generated a lot of good will from other nations and united a divided country. In this sense, I don't think that it is a stretch to see this quality in Obama. But it is too early to tell. He might be a big zero - then again...

I'm just saying that i like what I see so far, but the race is a long way off.

Hell, I might throw my hat in!
    Well, the left has their candidate: Kucinich said today he's running again.
    Oh Joy!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast