• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Horizons"

Share/Bookmark

"Horizons"

Here is my composition for piano and orch, "Horizons".

My best to everyone,

Larry

http://www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Horizons"

Hello Larry,

I've heard better renderings from your hand. The only part "on the spot" was the piano. It is a nice melody and workout, but.... as I said... the violins, etc. are a bit "annorexia-ed" (sorry, don't know the right spelling) .

Nevertheless, I wish you a very, very good Christmas. Let all the Santa's be as they are and focus upon the real thought behind it.

Raymond

Since the piano is the primary focus, I intentionally put the strings and everything else in the background out of the way.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Last night I found out that one of the monitors I have failed to do the job properly. Mostly I listen to your compositions with headphones but now I put this on the speakers... with the given result (left distorted and right not good as well). I examined the connections and after having cleaned and reset it all.... the good sound is back. And now this piece sounds a lot better.

Again, stay with us in good health, your ever good laugh is always there.....

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    Last night I found out that one of the monitors I have failed to do the job properly. Mostly I listen to your compositions with headphones but now I put this on the speakers... with the given result (left distorted and right not good as well). I examined the connections and after having cleaned and reset it all.... the good sound is back. And now this piece sounds a lot better.

Again, stay with us in good health, your ever good laugh is always there.....

Raymond
    I'm glad that your equipment is working well again, Mr. Ray.

My "equipment" should work well in the future, I hope.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

keeping your "equipment' clean is a good way to ensure it's long gevity of life

me

did I say that?

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    keeping your "equipment' clean is a good way to ensure it's long gevity of life

me
    I do...I do!

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I won't comment on my equipment, but I enjoyed
    the workout you gave the piana player in this, Larry.
    As a (gracefully retired) pianist, I always appreciate
    the way your keyboard writing falls under the hand.

Hey, whilst I think of it, my friend: my very best
    wishes for the forthcoming Holidays!

My best,

David.
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum