• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Short action cue...

Share/Bookmark

Short action cue...

Here's a short action cue i made for a friend, it's not very long and needs to be touched up. The problem that i hear with it is that it sounds too much like a video game track for an rpg boss battle or something. Let me know whatcha guys think!

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/n3wm...on%20final.mp3

Re: Short action cue...

If the link isn't working, let me know.

Hi
    I listened and think that yes, it does sound like an RPG boss battle, but that isn't a bad thing is it? It does have an action feel to it, and I think that with a little more polish, it'll be fine. Thanks for sharing!
    Take care,
    Steph

Thanks for the reply! do you have any suggestions for me specifically because any help from a "vet" would be great.

Hi Newman,
    I'll listen again when I get home and see if I can come up with any suggestions.
    Take Care,
    Steph

A terrific start with this!

I can see a similarity with an RPG.. but as Steph pointed out isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Still, if I could offer a suggestion to bring it forward.

I think at around :28, your piece really begins... I might punch up the volume/percussion here, and create a dominant lead voice/melody line.. This could change the dynamics of the arrangment from being a backdrop to a stronger focal point.

... just a suggestion.

~Jeff

Thats actually what what i was thinking about doing as well, i'll work up a melody tonight and see what i can come up with. thanks for the replys!

Hi Newman,

I listened again, and thought of a few things. I'm unable to see the play-time, so I can't be too specific. Sorry about that...

ok...I think that I'd clean up the timing of the intro or cut the intro a little bit - it sounds a little too naked to me until the other stuff comes in. Also, it sounds like there's not a whole lot coming from the low end. That makes it feel un-grounded to me. (I'm making up a lot of words tonight!! ) I hear the quick basses, but I think that I'd maybe put some tubas and/or bass trombone in there with a complimentary rhythm, or even sustains or crescendos would work. Just play around with it and see what happens. I sense that you're wanting this to have a huge feel to it...yes? no? To help with the huge-factor, do a lot of section building and doubling. You could definately add the bass drum (one of my fav's) to help the impact. Just every few measures depending on your tastes. I completely agree w/Jeff about the melody. I think that in itself would add a ton of coolness.

Anyway, that's all that I can come up with. Let us know what you're able to come up with.

Take Care,
    Steph

Thanks for the great advice Steph! While i'm fine tuning this track I have another short piece i would like you all to hear. I guess you could say it's evocative but it definetly needs to be fixed up and finished As of right now, i'm calling it "Love's Melody"

https://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/n3w...ot%20done).mp3

Hi
    Glad that I was able to give some ideas. Maybe you'll be able to make some of them work out for you. They're just suggestions afterall. I did listen to the new piece..I like it! As you said, once it's finished and polished it will be very very nice.

take care,
    Steph

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast