Going nuts with midi channels/patches

I have GPO with Cubasis VST 4 I also have GS3

In GS3
    I Highlight Channel 10, select File->Open Larry Sayer Kit 3...gsi

Back to Cubasis

I go to Track 10
    I select GigaOut: Port 1 / Contr under the OUT column
    I select Channel 10 in the Chn column
    I record and playback everything works fine.

Now comes the problem

In GS3
    Looking at the Midi monitor it says the midi info is comming in on port 0 channel 9 when clearly I have the instrument on Port 1 channel 10.

Why?

Problem 2:
    Sometimes I play a midi file and the Cubasis changes the instruments in Giga instead of playing them. Is this patch change info sent to Giga, and if so how do I remove that from Cubasis

Re: Going nuts with midi channels/patches

Quote Originally Posted by metron9
    Problem 2:
    Sometimes I play a midi file and the Cubasis changes the instruments in Giga instead of playing them. Is this patch change info sent to Giga, and if so how do I remove that from Cubasis
    Check your MIDI tracks for Program Changes. I've never really gotten the handle on Program Changes and how GSt really uses them so I just remove them and don't have the sort of problems you seem to be dealing with here. You might do this on a copy track and keep the original muted.

Alternatively, if you can tell Cubasis to not transmit program changes then this could work but maybe you're using them elsewhere and need them.

Good luck,
    Mark

Re: Going nuts with midi channels/patches

I don't know how Cubasis operates, but some programs start at 0 and some start at 1. GS start at 0, so if Cubasis starts at 1, you have to adjust everthing by one.

Go Back to forum