• Register
  • Help

Topic: MIDI # for supplied K2 Piano Samples

Share/Bookmark

MIDI # for supplied K2 Piano Samples

Simple question...anyone know the MIDI # for 'sustain' in the supplied piano samples Steinway D and Steinway D light? In the K2 document, under controller it simply says 'sustain pedal', which I don't have. I have a notation/sequencer program and that's it.

Generally speaking the info for supplied K2 instruments doesn't really have in-depth midi documentation...unless I'm missing something. Is there any in-depth list somewhere, or is it simply trial and error (and error and...)

Thanks!

Re: MIDI # for supplied K2 Piano Samples

Hi, if you by "MIDI #" mean the CC number for sustain pedal it's CC64.

Regards,
    Nils

In your K2 program folder, there should be a folder marked "documentation." In that folder is a PDF file called "Kontakt 2 library documentation." That should be what you're looking for.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    In your K2 program folder, there should be a folder marked "documentation." In that folder is a PDF file called "Kontakt 2 library documentation." That should be what you're looking for.
    Actually, I looked there, and as far as I can tell, it only says: 'Sustain Pedal'...which is pretty much useless to me. Perhaps it's generally known that sustain is CC64...and perhaps it's also assumed that what's generally known is also generally used.
    However, as a non-musician and as someone 'spoiled' by Garritan's unbelievably useful musical 'hand-holding', I find this frustrating.
    I do, however, greatly appreciate all replies...thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by awpmusic
    Learn to use Google - took about 3 seconds to get the answer!
    Unfortunately for someone with close to zero Musical knowledge, it's almost impossible unless I know precisely what I'm looking for...in GPO I use 'Length' with a specific cc number (21?). I didn't know 'sustain' was the proper/commonly used term before researching THAT...it becomes an infinite regress of ignorance (on my part) just to do a simple sustain on one instrument...and K2 has hundreds with many different options/possibilites on each.

Anyway, I know most software/software companies aren't as consumer friendly/useful as GPO/Garritan.

Thanks

Go Back to forum