• Register
  • Help

Topic: Guitar Scripts and the like

Share/Bookmark

Guitar Scripts and the like

I'll be soon starting a documentary soundtrack with mostly electric guitar sounds. I do play guitar, but I'm primarily a keyboardist. I'm really interested in the Akkord Guitar in Kontakt 2, which does neat things like limiting the number of strings that can be played at once and allowing one to set strum patterns.

Does anyone know if there is there a good VI that does something similar? I've looked into all the major libraries, but I wonder if there's something I'm missing. I have plenty of guitar samples, but I'm more interested in the interface.

Thanks,
    JD

Re: Guitar Scripts and the like

For acoustic guitars, RealGuitar by MusicLabs is great. They also have something called Rhythm and Chords to use with separate sample libraries. I think that is more acoustic oriented too. They are coming out with an electric guitar soon, I believe.

Other than that, if you are using Kontakt 2, Bela Media has been in the forefront with multis to make its electrical guitars easier to use. They are having a group buy now.

Prominy's has also created Kontakt 2 multis for its big electric guitar library LPC.

I hope this helps.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Thanks. It does help. I looked at LPC, and it is so large that I worry it would be too time consuming to use. I really love scripts more than keyswitching.

Does Lyrical Distortion only do distorted guitar? I really need clean electrics that I can modify with plug ins. This is definitely not rock and roll; more downtown artsy.

An electric version or Real Guitar might be the answer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JMDNYC
    Thanks. It does help. I looked at LPC, and it is so large that I worry it would be too time consuming to use. I really love scripts more than keyswitching.

Does Lyrical Distortion only do distorted guitar? I really need clean electrics that I can modify with plug ins. This is definitely not rock and roll; more downtown artsy.

An electric version or Real Guitar might be the answer for me.
    I think MusicLabs is coming out with a version of Realguitar using a Fender Strat, but I am not sure.

Lyrical Distortion is moderately distorted. But they have a library that includes non-distorted samples of the guitar too, I believe.

jefffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Hello JMDNYC,

Have you checked out our Studio B collection? It has a clean amped PRS guitar as well as drums and acoustic bass.

http://www.beladmedia.com/studiob.htm

Hi JMDNYC,

I can vouch for the Studio B 'clean' guitar. Very well recorded and easy to use.

Hope this helps.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum