• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Trouble with Nils Libergs Kontakt Script Editor

Share/Bookmark

Question Trouble with Nils Libergs Kontakt Script Editor

I am writing a K2 script for the Stradivari and I use Nils Libergs great script editor for this. Until yesterday everything went smooth, but then my Ewido anti-malware application started calling the script editor a Logger.KeyLogger.jm, requesting permission to quarantine it.

From Ewido:
    + Scanningsresultat:
    C:\Programmer\Native Instruments\KScript Editor\kscript_editor.exe -> Logger.KeyLogger.jm : Ignoreret
    At first I ignored it, but today I thought, maybe some file had been overwritten with a keylogger. So, I decided to let Ewido quarantine it, and then I ran the uninstaller to remove whatever was left, thinking I could reinstall the Editor and everything would be fine again. Wrong! Ewido still calls it Logger.KeyLogger.jm, plus now it won't run. If I ignore Ewido, I get the error message:
    The requested module was not found.
    LoadLibrary(pythondll) failed
    Removing the Editor from quarantine does not help. Neither does restoring XP to a point before the Editor was quarantined and uninstalled.

Does anybody have an idea about what is going on here?

I certainly would like to keep using this wonderful tool, but I obviously don't want KeyLoggers on my PC.

Can I download this pythondll somewhere?

Any help would be much appreciated, just as I appreciate, that Nils Liberg has made his Editor available for free.

Come to think of it, I received an error message yesterday upon closing the Editor:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "kscript_editor.py", line 1045, in OnFindReplace
    File "kscript_editor.py", line 1035, in OnFindFindNext
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SetFocus'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "kscript_editor.py", line 1045, in OnFindReplace
    File "kscript_editor.py", line 1035, in OnFindFindNext
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SetFocus'
    I think this happened just before the KeyLogger messages began to appear. I don't know if they are related.

Update: I am happy to tell, that the latest version of Ewido, Ewido Anti-spyware 4.0, no longer treats Nils Libergs fine K2 Script Editor as malware. No more false alarms

Re: Trouble with Nils Libergs Kontakt Script Editor

Hi Nickie,
    To everyone reading this let me just start by saying that there's absolutely no malware or spyware in the program. Just to clear any suspiscions of the opposite I make the source code available here so that anyone who wants can verify this. I guess this error report is either a false alarm or your computer being infected with a virus. I really hope it's the former.

I don't think that error message you got upon closing the editor is anything to worry about. It's a minor GUI problem so you can safely ignore it and it most probably doesn't have any connection to the ewido report about a key logger. The installation is very clean, it only install files into the C:\Programs files\KScript Editor folder. So it's strange that you cannot simply reinstall the program. That should work. Maybe Ewido set some kind of restrictive policy which interfers with the loading of the DLL. I think the Python dll is embedded in the library.zip file which should be installed so if you have that you should in theory be ok. However, if you want you can try downloading the dll here and place it in the same folder as the program.
    Maybe I'll try the trial version of ewido to see if I can better understand the problem.

Feel free to send me a PM and we'll try to sort it out.

Regards,
    Nils

Edit: I just ran a Spybot (famous spyware detection program) scan of my system and it was reported as clean.
    Edit2: I downloaded the ewido trial version (same as the real thing except that it expires) and it found nothing extraordinary when I ran it on my installation.

Hi Nils,

thank you for your answer. You are probably right about the Ewido message being a false alarm. That is what I suspected from the beginning. I just got tired of getting this alarm message each time, I opened the Script Editor, and hoped it would somehow magically disappear, if I did a clean reinstall.

There may be a problem with the library, though. I can not unzip it with the standard Windows unzip utillity. I get an error message, when I try.
    The ZIP compressed folder is invalid or damaged
    WinRAR does work, although I don't get any pythondll, when I use WinRAR.

I downloaded python24.dll from your link, and lo and behold - magic is still a part of this world. It works now After the usual KeyLogger message

Thank you for your help and for a great tool

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    Edit2: I downloaded the ewido trial version (same as the real thing except that it expires) and it found nothing extraordinary when I ran it on my installation.
    Now, this is really strange. Did you run it with the latest definitions? They get updated daily.

BTW, do you have any plans on updating the Editor with the K2.1 additions?
    It doesn't like make_perfview and _read_persistent_var.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Now, this is really strange. Did you run it with the latest definitions? They get updated daily.

What version of the Editor are you using?? The most recent? Because I seem to have no problems with both of those comands... in fact, just last night I was writing a script that used both those command quite extensively... maybe about 20 times in the script.

It sounds like you may have some kind of virus or something.

Let us know.

Cheers,

T

Yes, my Ewido is updated with all the latest definitions. I just ran a complete system scan and it didn't detect anything. Starting and quitting the editor also works fine with Ewido started - I don't get any error message. That zip-file is a bit strange - I cannot open it either, but it's not a problem in practice. I use some tools to package the installation and maybe they use some kind of non-standard zip format. To reduce the number of visible files in the package some dlls are put inside the zip-file. At first I thought Ewido reacted on that, but there doesn't seem to be any problem on my system. Nickie, I really hope you get this problem sorted. Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Regarding the version, I assume you're running 0.97. I announced a quite stable beta version of 0.98 at the unmentionable scripting forum a while ago so those who hang out there as well have been using it for some time now. I haven't updated my web page since, because I wished to release a mac and PC version at the same time. But I finally decided to upload it, so now the 0.98 release version is available for download on the program's web page.
    The 0.98 version has complete support for all K2.1 features (I wrote a tool to extract the list of all new variables and functions from the PDF and in the process I even found some errors in the manual ).

Regards,
    Nils

You are absolutely right. I was using version 0.97. I didn't know about version 0.98 because I don't know the unmentionable scripting forum. I just installed 0.98 and it accepts the new commands. I look very much forward to using it.

It still gives me the KeyLogger messages, so I suppose you are right about something being wrong with my system. I'll try and figure out, what it is. Thanks for your help, both of you

You are absolutely right. I was using version 0.97. I didn't know about version 0.98 because I don't know the unmentionable scripting forum. I just installed 0.98 and it accepts the new commands. I look very much forward to using it.

It still gives me the KeyLogger messages, so I suppose you are right about something being wrong with my system. I'll try and figure out, what it is. Thanks for your help, both of you
    n.p.
    Regarding the "unmentionable forum" I didn't mean to sound secretive or anything. It's just that if I write it's name or post a link on this forum it's automatically censored. That seems a bit extreem too me, but I wont comment further on it because everyone has the right to operate a forum the way they like and I don't know the full background either.
    Anyway, if you're interested you can search for "scripting forum" on the NI forum and you'll find a link in the second search result. I think it's a very useful scripting resource.

Cheers,
    Nils

It's OK. I got a link via e-mail from an "unmentionable person" (thanks ). I will check it out, although I am not exactly a hard core scripter; it is my first Kontakt script, I am working on.

It's OK. I got a link via e-mail from an "unmentionable person" (thanks ). I will check it out, although I am not exactly a hard core scripter; it is my first Kontakt script, I am working on.
    What kind of script are you wroking on?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast