• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: J's Ensemble Maker -- free K2 script

Share/Bookmark

J's Ensemble Maker -- free K2 script and demo

I decided to start learning the Kontakt 2 scripting language. J’s Ensemble Maker is the first fruit of this labor.

www.Members.aol.com/jbacal/Kontakt/J_Ensemble_Maker_05.zip

What’s it do?

It creates ensembles up to 7 players without any phasing using any instrument. It even works with VSL performance legato instruments.

Here is a short audio demo of the effect of J's Ensemble Maker v.04 K2 script.

www.Members.aol.com/jbacal/Kontakt/Ensemble_Maker_Solo_Violin_Demo.mp3

The instruments used in the demo are completely dry and unprocessed. The differences you hear between the repeated phrases are the result entirely of the Ensemble Maker script.

The first instrument you hear is the VSL solo Violin performance legato f portamento. The Pre_Slop setting is .200, the Sampled knob is set to 2. ***NOTE—VSL performance legato samples are not sampled Chromatically—usually the Sampled knob should be set to at least 2 for VSL Legato instruments. The first time the short phrase is played the Voices setting is 1, the second time the Voices setting is 3, and the third time the Voices setting is 7.

The VSL solo violin pizzicato plays the next short phrase. The Pre_Slop setting is .125, the Sampled knob is set to 1. The first time the short phrase is played the Voices setting is 1, the second time the Voices setting is 3, and the third time the Voices setting is 7.

What are the controls?

Voices: Number of player from 1 to 7.

Detune: Maximum amount of detuning of players in fractions of a half tone.

Random_Detune: When this button is ON detuning is random up to the maximum set by the Detune knob.

Spread: Distance players are spread across stereo field.

Pre_Slop: Adds sloppiness to players’ entrances up to max of 1 sec.

End_Slop: Add sloppiness to end of players' notes **NOTE: for sustain playing please turn Pre_Slop and End_Slop knob to 0 (or close to 0) for best results.

Random_Slop: When this button is ON the “slop factor” is random up to max set by Slop knob.

VSL_Legato mode: this mode enables the user to set a Slop amount when playing VSL performance legato instruments. The user can now hear all those lovely transition samples at slightly different times, creating a much more realistic, less synchronized, ensemble effect. COOL!

Sampled: Set this value to the largest amount samples have been stretched in the creation of the instrument. For example, if the instrument has been sampled chromatically set this knob to 1. If it’s been sampled every whole step set the knob to 2.

Pick Release grp: If you want to use instruments with release samples simply select the release sample group from the drop down menu in the Ensemble Maker. Oh, and there’s one more thing you have to do if you want to get the release samples to function properly.

You want ME to do something else?! I’m just a country doctor, Jim!! Not a bricklayer!

Calm down. It’s not that bad. You have to click on “the Group Editor” button near the top then click on the release samples group in the group editor window then de-select the “Release Trigger” button for the release samples group. That’s right DE-select (turn it off!) the “Release Trigger” button for the release samples group.

Monophonic lines and legato lines play perfectly with release samples. However, if you hit 2 or more keys at exactly the same time—bug city—you hear out of tune release samples. Oh well.

Ignore: ignore notes above and below user-defined points. This enables the playing of keyswitch instruments

How do I install this thing?

Just drop the file into scripts folder usually located at C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt 2\presets\scripts. J’s Ensemble Maker should now be available in the Script Editor.

Is it free?

Yep.

Can I have the code?

Send me a PM. If there’s enough interest I’ll post the code. It’s pretty basic.

Does Jay like feedback?

I’m a feedback junkie. The more feedback I get the more motivated I become to write new code.

Best wishes,
    Jay

Re: J's Ensemble Maker -- free K2 script

Jay,

Looks like a very useful script. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks!

...sorry not recognized in Mac version....

Weird...anyone have any guesses why a Mac wouldn't recognize this file? Does it work for anyone on PC?

--Jay

Here is the file zipped. This might work better for everyone. Let me know if anyone gets this up and running. Sorry for the confusion.

www.Members.aol.com/jbacal/Kontakt/J_Ensemble_Maker.zip

Thx,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by alprazolam
    ...sorry not recognized in Mac version....
    Works perfectly fine here on mac. Thanks very much, Jay

This is excellent. Quite fun. Thanks

steve

Wow a great script tx alot!
    Francois Jolin
    www.eonsounds.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBacal
    I decided to start learning the Kontakt 2 scripting language. J’s Ensemble Maker is the first fruit of this labor.
    [...]
    That looks very promising, I've just played around with it, you can make nice
    old (salon-) piano sounds out of a Steinway

Thanks a lot and thanks for the source code, I appreciate this very much.

Tom

Thanks a lot Jay! This is some really fine stuff. It works great.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast