• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: VSL Legato Choirs!!

Share/Bookmark

VSL Legato Choirs!!

http://www.vsl.co.at/en-us/65/71/277.vsl

Wow @ the demo. If they attempt anything like EWQLSC, i think VSL will win, based on this demo alone. EW Sopranos sound like flutes when they get into the VERY high registers, unlike these, which sound fantasitc!!
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Re: VSL Legato Choirs!!

Well, sounds good, but I would definitelty say it DOES NOT sound better than EWQLSC - comparable, yes, but not better. It says 16 sopranos - I see 14! LOL...are two of them off-camera? And what is that pink knapsack doing on the floor there? Looks like someone was late, walked into the recording room, and just dropped their bag there.

LOL! I agree with you on the pictures aspect, but the thing EWQLSC dosent have, is real legato. Sorry, but real legato samples > synthetic legato any day. Thats why VSL > EWQLSO's QLegato. Win.
    ~Sam Ferrara~

For some reason, I cannot use the VSL site no matter what.
    The minute I click on any button (open in this case), I get the same page with a # in the end, and nothing else.

I do recall that it's something fixable, but any ideas? I'd love to listen to the demo please.

~Sam Ferrara~

Thank you!

I like it! It is a legato that EWQLSC can't do. But then again EW can "sing" (and in some cases rather well). So I find it a tie... :-/

Furthermore I think that plainly the routes that EW and VSL have taken in their "production" of the sound, is simply put different. Even for different purposes (ok... almost...). I can't find a way to compaire the two.

I totally agree with you there. In a pure vowel sence, and you need legato, it'd choose VSL, but if you need words (somewhat), go with EW, but i think a real good combo is words layered with legato vowels! I'd use em both, together. EW has flaws, and thus far, we wont know if VSL has word building. if VSL comes out with word building, on top of real legato, we have ourselves a winner!
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Hey these legato choirs are just beta version the real choirs are coming out in 2008 , 2 years. I'm sure they're gonna include a word-function, because this is in the mood of the samples market. EWSC raised a new level with their choirs so any choirs libraries coming out after can't not include a wordbuilder function

/agree

If you can compare a beta version of a lib to a complete, and produced lib, you've also got yourself a winner.
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Your last 4 posts, contain two times the word winner, and once the word win! Is this some kind of competition, I'm not aware of?

Go Back to forum