• Register
  • Help

Topic: What about using Nintendo Wii controller to virtually conduct your virtual orchestra?

Share/Bookmark

What about using Nintendo Wii controller to virtually conduct your virtual orchestra?

Hi there,

just saw a video of a new video game that'll be released on the new generation console "Nintendo Wii" . Basically the goal of the game is to conduct a virtual orchestra. Very funny !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLujOBkLP8A

This new console :"Wii" , introduces a very new concept : a controller that analyzes your movements in air and reproduces them on the screen. It means if you play a tennis game, and you want to hit the ball you simply reproduce the movement of a man hitting a tennis ball. Etc etc...

The interesting thing is this controller, uses a blue-tooth transmission. What does it mean ? That it could potentially be used on PCs and Macs. Imagine the possibilities : if you want to "virtually" conduct your orchestra. If you have a melodic line played by violins and you want to put some intensity and expressivity in it : you just move your hand like a real conductor would do. Wouldn't it be more fun and precise than using a simple modwheel controller ?

Re: What about using Nintendo Wii controller to virtually conduct your virtual orchestra?

I've got a Wii, and someone would have to develop a way to capture the Wii controller's data, and be able to sync with it in order to do anything with it to begin with. BUT I totally agree, i'd rather use that than a mod wheel!
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Re: What about using Nintendo Wii controller to virtually conduct your virtual orchestra?

your a little bit behind there aren't you
    http://createdigitalmusic.com/
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Go Back to forum