• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Garritan Christmas MySpace.com Page

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Christmas MySpace.com Page

Sean Hannifin and I have put up a MySpace page for the Garritan Christmas Album project.

http://www.myspace.com/garritan

MySpace is a very popular place for promoting new music and independent bands these days, worldwide. So the focus of the page is on the Christmas Album and its 18 composers, and not on Garritan Libraries as a company.

The MySpace page has links to the Garritan Christmas Player so people are encouraged to download the whole album from Garritan.

MySpace permits a band to upload only four songs available for playback on the MySpace site at a time. I merely picked the songs with the most recognizable titles for the first four, because I want casual visitors to see something familiar. Over the next three weeks I will rotate other songs from the 2006 album into the playlist.

Please go check out the MySpace page.

If you have a MySpace page yourself, or if you have friends who do, by all means log in, go to the Garritan page at the URL above, and send a request to become a Friend of the Garritan Christmas page. Then you can pick one of the four songs from the Garritan Christmas page to be the song that plays back when other users go to your home page.

Then send a Bulletin to all your Friends explaining about the Garritan page and inviting them to go to the page, read about the album, and download the music!

I am the moderator of the page at the present time. If you have any observations, please post them here.

I've been active on MySpace for about nine months now. I wanted to tailor the text on the MySpace page toward something that would appeal to the average MySpace member who is not necessarily a musician but who is looking for Christmas music to play on their computer. So it's not too technical. Hopefully visitors will be intrigued and will end up at garritan.com or even on this forum so they can learn more.
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Music Copyist in Sibelius
    Apple MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
    Apple Certified Support Professional. I also work with Windows.

Re: Garritan Christmas MySpace.com Page

Great idea Wheat!
    Dan

Thumbs up Re: Garritan Christmas MySpace.com Page

Brilliant! I like it!

Very good idea. Well done Wheat and Sean!

Jon

As of right now we've had 316 plays of the four songs, 264 visits, and acquired 38 friends, including a few Garritan forum members who have their own MySpace pages for themselves or their bands-- Fred Schendel, Daniel Powers, and Jim Hammer. Let's keep spreading the word.
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Thumbs up Re: Garritan Christmas MySpace.com Page

AWESOME!
    Styxx

As of this moment the Garritan Christmas MySpace page has:

95 Friends
    516 plays of the 4 featured songs
    417 profile views
    15 comments left by Friends

Through Google searches, I have discovered that there are literally over 100,000 people on MySpace who identify themselves as composers.

See for yourself:

http://sads.myspace.com/Modules/Sear...tms&q=composer

The 95 Friends that we have acquired are almost all people that I identified and then sent a Friends invitation to. This took hours of surfing, but it was fun, because I got to listen to snippets of the music that these guys are composing. There are another 95 people that have not yet responded to my invitation.

Whenever somebody adds us as a Friend, I do my best to put a positive comment on that person's home page: "Thanks for the add."

I have also fielded a couple of questions from the curious and invited them to visit this forum.

Hopefully I have recruited enough Friends that visitors to their pages will discover our page, and the word will continue propagating without so much effort on the moderator's part.

This is an interesting lesson in Internet marketing!
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA

I kind of avoid MySpace like the plague, but good work Gets the word out~

Jeremy Soule just gave us an add. His MySpace page is at www.myspace.com/jeremysoule.
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Update for Sunday morning:

111 Friends
    657 plays of our songs
    480 profile views
    16 comments
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Go Back to forum