• Register
  • Help

Topic: K2 JABB problem

Share/Bookmark

K2 JABB problem

hi, Got JABB today and very impressed - also impressed with the printed manual - first class. However, a small problem - I'm using it with Kontakt (latest version) which allows loading of a lot more instruments - but both the guitars and basses all have a sustain that makes them unusable. This only happens in K2 they are perfect in the Kompakt Player that ships with the library. Any solutions?

Re: K2 JABB problem

You'll need to add CC21 (I think this is the one but I'm at work) which changes the length at the beginning of each sequenced track. The manual will tell you which CC is the length control if this is the wrong one. I usually set it at around 60-64. Also, make sure if you use the piano that you add the CC for the brightness or the piano will be very dull. Check out the manual for this one.

The Kontakt player reads a file when you load the instruments that sets the above parameters and a couple others. Kontakt doesn't read this file so it's not setting up the instruments as programmed.

Jim

ok - useful info - I'll check that out - as I say I only got it this morning! All the other instruments seemed ok - but the piano did sound a little dull. The reason for using Kontakt over the incl player was I could get a lot more instruments into my template. Currently at 52 tracks at under 1 gig RAM.

There is a script called JABB Kontrol for use with Kontakt that I adapted from a similar one for GPO written by Bob Richards. It is useful for setting up controllers like this.

You can download a copy from my web site.

Quote Originally Posted by crotchet44
    ok - useful info - I'll check that out - as I say I only got it this morning! All the other instruments seemed ok - but the piano did sound a little dull. The reason for using Kontakt over the incl player was I could get a lot more instruments into my template. Currently at 52 tracks at under 1 gig RAM.
    Piano is another one that you will need to add data to your track if you are going to use it in K2. In this case you will need to put cc20 (brightness) data into the beginning of your piano tracks. Value default for cc20 in the player is: "68" - you may want to try a higher setting. The point is - the instrument will load at "0" in K2 if data isn't sent.

Fortunately, this and other compatibility issues with K2 should go away when the K2 player version of JABB is introduced. JABB is designed to run in the K1.5 player. Load setting defaults are established with a text file that accompanies each instrument. These text files are not read by the full version of Kontakt so the user must put data into the tracks manually. There are other issues as well that won't be resolved until the K2 player version comes out.

Tom

You can set a default value for CC#20(21) in K2. Locate all the CC#20(21) modulations and set the default value in the box immediately to the right of the controller number. And don't forget to save the Instrument.

Thanks all for the great advice.

Go Back to forum