• Register
  • Help

Topic: l.v.

Share/Bookmark

l.v.

I'm using the saving version of the Demo. In an early experiment I used a sign for l.v. which is like a tie except not tied to anything (and a bit lighter in weight). Now I can't find it in the sidebar or anywhere else for that matter. What's happened to it? Have I lost it or merely misplaced it?

I did try to upgrade at one stage - perhaps it disappeared then? The upgrade didn't seem to do anything, and the next upgrade, promised by Sept 30, didn't happen. (Despite going through the motions of upgrading to 1.6 my version says it's 1.5.4)

Re: l.v.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker
    I'm using the saving version of the Demo. In an early experiment I used a sign for l.v. which is like a tie except not tied to anything (and a bit lighter in weight). Now I can't find it in the sidebar or anywhere else for that matter. What's happened to it? Have I lost it or merely misplaced it?

I did try to upgrade at one stage - perhaps it disappeared then? The upgrade didn't seem to do anything, and the next upgrade, promised by Sept 30, didn't happen. (Despite going through the motions of upgrading to 1.6 my version says it's 1.5.4)
    1.5.4 is the version the demo was based on. Unless you've purchased the product, you won't be able to update beyond that. The only update offered for the demo was the contest updater, which enabled saving, and will expire this month, since the contest deadline has passed.

The l.v. command is located under the "Strings" menu, as well as the "Percussion" and "Keyboard, Guitar, Harp" menus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Windsor
    The l.v. command is located under the "Strings" menu, as well as the "Percussion" and "Keyboard, Guitar, Harp" menus.
    Hm . . . "Strings" ? . . . not in my copy. "l.v." (as such) is in the percussion and keyboard menus, but in searching the Strings menu I found what I was looking for.

It's not called 'l.v.' which is why I didn't find it. What I had used was called 'open tie' but I'd used it in the harp, so I was looking for the wrong thing in the wrong place.

I'm aware of the time limit on the Demo, but I'm trying to get the various scores I worked on into a reasonable state before the trial period ends - just in case, by some remote and freakish set of circumstances, I don't win the competition and get a free full version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Windsor
    The only update offered for the demo was the contest updater, which enabled saving . .
    Yes, I had sort of guessed that but there was no indication in the program or on the web site that the Demo didn't entitle you to the 1.6 update, so I gave it a try, and it whirred and clicked but didn't seem to make a whle lot of difference! Technical Support actually told me to download a particular update (one that in the end didn't didn't eventuate) to solve one of the problems I was having.

I'm not complaining. Despite the time it took for the Demo to arrive, I've had a chance to use the software for much longer than the usual trial period for software, and in between all the frustrations and irritations I've learned a lot about the program and seen exactly how it would work for me in a real situation with my own music. Some of the features would not have been at all obvious in a non-saving copy or a 10-day trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker
    I'm aware of the time limit on the Demo, but I'm trying to get the various scores I worked on into a reasonable state before the trial period ends - just in case, by some remote and freakish set of circumstances, I don't win the competition and get a free full version.
    Now that's just crazy talk!

Go Back to forum