• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using JABB in pop and live performances

Share/Bookmark

Using JABB in pop and live performances

My question is kinda similar what I asked about GPO in another thread.

Is it possible to tell the JABB player to ignore modwheel so that I can layer JABB sounds and they sound the same everytime. Like if I want to build some ensemble and play some fills and I must play some pads with my left hand, I don't have hands for modwhale (~~~~~). So is it possible to forget everything else but the velocity and note I press?

Re: Using JABB in pop and live performances

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika
    Is it possible to tell the JABB player to ignore modwheel so that I can layer JABB sounds and they sound the same everytime. Like if I want to build some ensemble and play some fills and I must play some pads with my left hand, I don't have hands for modwhale (~~~~~). So is it possible to forget everything else but the velocity and note I press?
    Not for expressive instruments (like the horns.) Of course, any percussive instruments (like drums and piano) can be used in this manner. JABB does not have an X-Custom alternative because we expect to be able to offer X-Custom-like features in the new K2 player at some point after the library is ported over. Creating an X-Custom version for the present JABB player would have been wasted effort.

Tom

Re: Using JABB in pop and live performances

Thanks again! I can live with it.

Go Back to forum