• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - Los Angeles Area Show - Music of Pollock Live

Share/Bookmark

OT - Los Angeles Area Show - Music of Pollock Live

Hi all, wanted to make our LA area members aware of this show I'm doing next week - hope some of you can make it! best, jeff
    --------------------

MUSIC OF POLLOCK - LIVE AT LOS ANGELES COUNTY MUSEUM OF ART Dec. 7
    I'm presenting a concert of my music from Ed Harris' Academy award winning film "Pollock" at the Bing Theater of at LACMA Thursday Dec. 7th at 8PM. We will be playing music from the score with a 17 piece chamber orchestra. Several scenes from the movie will be shown along with the performance. There will also be a panel discussion on the film & the artist with several folks who worked on the movie, including Barbara Turner (screenplay) and Kathryn Himoff (editor).

In the second half we will be play some of the jazz selections from Pollock's own record collection, arranged for the ensemble. I hope you can join us for what I think will be a very fun musical evening.

Jeff Beal

Art & Music: Concerts at 8 This fall LACMA is pleased to debut Art & Music, a new concert series inspired by the museum's permanent collection and special exhibitions. The series explores the relationship between music and art (and occasionally film) with some of the finest chamber ensembles in the world, including the mdi ensemble Milano, eighth blackbird, Argento Chamber Ensemble, and Sérgio and Odair Assad, along with Southern California treasures Xtet, the L.A. Master Chorale with Alex Acuña, a special program with pianist Dave Grusin, and a concert featuring the music from the motion picture Pollock.

Bing Theater at LACMA, 5905 Wilshire Blvd., L.A. Box Office 323 857 6010
    Tickets ($25) will be available at the box office the night of the performance

http://www.lacma.org/programs/MusicPrograms.aspx

Re: OT - Los Angeles Area Show - Music of Pollock Live

The music from "Pollock" is incredible. I urge any members who are in LA to attend this show.

Jeff, wishing you a successful and fabulous show.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum