• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Another Update.....

Share/Bookmark

Another Update.....

I just posted the following in the stick update thread. Here it is again so you know where we are at:

Stradivari 2 with Mac Compatibility
    We have received the new Stradivari 2.0r discs with Mac Intel compatibility! All new orders (even Group Buy orders) will ship with the Mac Intel compatible version.

Existing Strad 2 customers can use NI service Center to download the update:
    1. start Service Center
    2. choose Main Menu
    3. Choose Update Manager
    4. From the drop-down list select "Full installer"
    5. Download Kontat Player 2.2
    or alternatively get it here, after logging in to the NI website... http://www.nativeinstruments.de/inde...fca394794eeaf9
    Gofriller Cello
    The Gofriller Cello is complete and next to Native Instruments for encoding. This will be encoded in the Mac Intel Compatible version too. After encoding it will go to manufacture. Robert is also working on Human Playback integration in Finale for the Cello.
    GPO and JABB in Kontakt 2 Player and Mac Intel
    GPO and JABB are being finalized and will soon go to NI for encoding into the MacIntel compatible Kontakt 2 Player.
    Marching Band
    Marching Band is basically done on our end. We are putting some finishing touches and then off the NI for encoding.
    GEM - General MIDI -
    We have partnered with Native Instruments in implementing some of their Bandstand technology. GEM will open up in Bandstand and there will be cross-grades available. We are adding the Bandstand programming and are nearing completion. Then some testing and off to NI for encoding.
    Steinway
    Steinway and Sons has some of the preliminary versions and we are working closely with them. There is still a bit of work to do and we hope to demo it at NAMM.
    That's the latest. I'll continue to keep you posted and let me know if you have any questions.

Gary Garritan

Re: Another Update.....

Gary, you are the best. Great information here.

Pssst: Are you sure Orcas Island isn't close to the North Pole? Do you own a sleigh?
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    That's the latest. I'll continue to keep you posted and let me know if you have any questions.

Gary Garritan
    It looks as if Mr. Garritan will be getting a large chunk of my change sometime after the first of the year. The term "kid in a candy store" applies here, I think.

Keith W.

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    Pssst: Are you sure Orcas Island isn't close to the North Pole? Do you own a sleigh?

We have photographic evidence of it!!

I wish I could get the Strad update but I'm unable to activate the Strad in the service center. I get red error message that asks me to try again.

No word back from NI about this problem.

The version I have right now locks up every three minutes.

Did I get a bad disk?

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    I wish I could get the Strad update but I'm unable to activate the Strad in the service center. I get red error message that asks me to try again.

No word back from NI about this problem.

The version I have right now locks up every three minutes.

Did I get a bad disk?

Phil
    Could be it locks up, because it runs in demo mode. Are you using the latest version of the Service Center? It has some bug fixes.

Did you post on the NI forum? Markus Krieg of NI is very active these days helping users with registration trouble.

Your updates are sincerely appreciated. They are also educatioal. It's interesting to read, follow and learn about the process of creating a sound library. Very cool.

Just one teeny, tiny request for an update. . .

How is the GPOA coming along?? Where is this program in the creation process??

I would most certainly understand it if you decide to keep this one product under wraps. It doesn't hurt to ask, though. . .

Cheers to you, Mr. Gary and to your team!!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

<big sigh...> <lots of drool...>

Yes, that was my question too - where is GPOA in the product pipeline?

In the meantime SAM are doing their Orchestral Brass collection (horns, trombones, trumpets and solo sessions) for 299 Euros until Dec 31. Up till now I have been using their free demo samples and stretching them out - but 299 Euros was too tempting for me, even if GPOA is just around the corner (or not!).

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke
    How is the GPOA coming along?? Where is this program in the creation process??
    I would most certainly understand it if you decide to keep this one product under wraps. It doesn't hurt to ask, though. . .
    In the update thread, at the very top of the page Gary talked about the timeline.

"GPO Advanced and the Super Secret Projects - early to mid 2007"

Go Back to forum