• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sample Developers should do this...

Share/Bookmark

Sample Developers should do this...

Offer single sounds for download at resonable prices.

Yup, I know, Wizoo Sounds does it, Sonic Implants does (did) it, but very few others do. I don't want to buy a 30 gig library when I'm just looking for a great guitar.

Need a duduk? How about a sample set for Kontakt 2, Halion, etc for somewhere around $10-20 bucks. Much easier to swallow than saving up for RA. The good news is that since many developers have already sampled a ton of product the samples are there waiting to be served a la carte.

I really think WizooSounds has (had?) a right idea. It just seems that they have not been able to grow lately.

In the end I may pay more than a bundled version, it just would be great to pick and choose the instruments I need and not pay for the ones i don't.

All the very best,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: Sample Developers should do this...

I'm really looking for a Duduk and I can't afford RA right now either...I would love to be able to purchase a single sample.

-Chris

I would also love to be able to buy sampled instruments like this wherever possible.

The Westgate Modular series is certainly very promising in this respect. I can't wait for the strings to start appearing!

I suppose that the obvious answer to the original point is: piracy. A few MB of Duduk would be easily shared in an email, for example... whereas offering up instruments exclusivly in multi-GB bundles makes things harder for file sharers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hint
    I can't wait for the strings to start appearing!
    So I'm not the only one?... It should be good!

As for this topic i think it's just a mather of time before that happens... But the piracy thing might slow things down a bit...

Go Back to forum