• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Thinking of buying "Ivory"

Share/Bookmark

Smile Thinking of buying "Ivory"

Hi folks,

I have people asking me to do recordings of various hymn improvisations - being a church musician piano player etc. A real piano recording, with the costs on hiring a studio etc, could be expensive...so, I had Ivory reccommended to me as a pretty great piano. Can anyone who owns this library give me some information on it? I've heard the demo's and they are pretty impressive.
    I will soon have a double processor cpu computer built, that will have at least, 3 gigs of ram, running windows xp.

Thanks if anyone can help me out with some info here.

regards,

Steve Martin

Re: Thinking of buying "Ivory"

Get it. It rocks! I love it.

Thanks Matt for your feedback. It's good to know how positive you feel about this libary.

regards,

Steve

Another vote for Ivory.
    It really has a geat tone and lots of useful features to personalize the sound and optimize it for your own playing style.

yes and also try NI Akoustik, it's also very good and even better in the aspekt of sympatic strings simulation !

Hi Steve

Not sure if you've seen this site before.

http://www.playivorys.com/modules.ph...=Piano_compare

But I think another worthy contender is pianoteq, with full piano behavior. I don't have either pianoteq or Ivory yet, but I am still debating between these two libs, and they are about the same price. These I believe are definitely some of the best out there.

Dd

I love Ivory as well!

It's got 3 pianos, all of which are shining and brilliant!

To be honest there are 3 issues with Ivory that I've not overcome!

* I'm mainly using EW libraries, and I could never ever mix Ivory with them. The difference is huge. In the end I had to ue the Steinway B piano offered with xp pro EW to make the mixing easier, and plus it sounds much more mellow than Ivory no matter the settings! So yes if yoy are going for solo piano music, abolsutly no doubt!

* It is a beast in the hard disk! All three pianos take up 45 Gb! Which is huge considering it's just... a piano. Depends again on what you're using, your computer and everything else.

* It is a beast regarding RAM. It really needs the 2 GB RAM, otherwise you start cutting down the elements that make Ivory so special. Again with 3 GB you shouldn't have a problem, unless have other samples loaded as well, which doesn't seem to be the case with you.

Generally it's a fantastic set of pianos! The sound is the most realstic I've heard from everything (even Ni Akoustik, which I was considering and I'm also a pianist!), and you can customise the velocity layers, to bring it closer to your needs nad playing, which is hugely important for live playing!

More like a general review, than an asnwering post to your thread (as you are very specific to what you want and why...), but still maybe it will come in handy.

Wow guys, that's brilliant feedback! I'd like to say thanks to all of you for all the opinions and help.
    thank you again for your help.

best,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    I love Ivory as well!

It's got 3 pianos, all of which are shining and brilliant!

To be honest there are 3 issues with Ivory that I've not overcome!

* I'm mainly using EW libraries, and I could never ever mix Ivory with them. The difference is huge. In the end I had to ue the Steinway B piano offered with xp pro EW to make the mixing easier, and plus it sounds much more mellow than Ivory no matter the settings! So yes if yoy are going for solo piano music, abolsutly no doubt!

* It is a beast in the hard disk! All three pianos take up 45 Gb! Which is huge considering it's just... a piano. Depends again on what you're using, your computer and everything else.

* It is a beast regarding RAM. It really needs the 2 GB RAM, otherwise you start cutting down the elements that make Ivory so special. Again with 3 GB you shouldn't have a problem, unless have other samples loaded as well, which doesn't seem to be the case with you.

Generally it's a fantastic set of pianos! The sound is the most realstic I've heard from everything (even Ni Akoustik, which I was considering and I'm also a pianist!), and you can customise the velocity layers, to bring it closer to your needs nad playing, which is hugely important for live playing!

More like a general review, than an asnwering post to your thread (as you are very specific to what you want and why...), but still maybe it will come in handy.

I use Ewqlso and it blends perfectly with it.....The Expressive Concert D patch....

You could juts quote the first point I made... not the whole post ...

Really???

I'll give it a try, but I had real troulbe trying to fit them together and just couldn't... And not in 1 but two pieces with other libraries as well...

but yes, I do take your word... I don't doubt you. I personally find that EW libraries are difficutl to mix with anything really... Because of the realistic reverb they have...

Oh... btw I'm using Gold not Platinum...

Go Back to forum