• Register
  • Help

Topic: Wav file plays only c. 1 minute

Share/Bookmark

Wav file plays only c. 1 minute

I emailed to support but got no reply, so here goes.

I have a 6-minute piece in Notion, saved to .wav file, playd it. It seems like a large file but plays only 1 minute or so, then the next piece in the queue starts (have tried in 2 media players). The progress arrow keeps moving as if there is a piece there, but no sound. What could be causing this?

Jon
    WinXP, 3 GHz/1.5 GB RAM. Notion, Sibelius3, GPO Studio, M-Audio 2496, Mackie 1202VLZ, Korg X5, M1.

Re: Wav file plays only c. 1 minute

Hi Jon. The only problems I've had with making .wav files in Notion is getting the odd corrupt file. Check your file size properties on the .wav. Usually though, corrupt .wav files have a 0 Kb file size and don't record anything. So, I am not sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Knowles
    I emailed to support but got no reply, so here goes.

I have a 6-minute piece in Notion, saved to .wav file, playd it. It seems like a large file but plays only 1 minute or so, then the next piece in the queue starts (have tried in 2 media players). The progress arrow keeps moving as if there is a piece there, but no sound. What could be causing this?

Jon
    I highly recommend posting this issue to our tech support staff via the tech support section of our website.

Quote Originally Posted by John2
    Hi Jon. The only problems I've had with making .wav files in Notion is getting the odd corrupt file. Check your file size properties on the .wav. Usually though, corrupt .wav files have a 0 Kb file size and don't record anything. So, I am not sure!
    Thanks, John. I talked with Libby of Notion support who was very helpful. As it turned out, by simply saving the file as a new version, then saving as .wav, the problem has disappeared and the full version now plays as a wav file.

Jon
    WinXP, 3 GHz/1.5 GB RAM. Notion, Sibelius3, GPO Studio, M-Audio 2496, Mackie 1202VLZ, Korg X5, M1.

Go Back to forum