• Register
  • Help

Topic: HELP!!! GPO and Sibelius 3 playback problems

Share/Bookmark

Angry HELP!!! GPO and Sibelius 3 playback problems

Hi all

Well I finally did it and bought GPO and am now trying to get it to work with Sibelius 3. I have problems though!

Have downloaded the studio and followed the tutorials on the Garritan website, and Sibelius is set to play through GPO in the devices and the mixer windows. The midi channel is also set correctly.

The problem is that although the sound is loaded in to kontakt player in GPO (I can click a key and get a note with my mouse), I am getting no playback from Sibelius. I'm also getting an error message when I start Sibelius when GPO studio is running which says

"The midi subsystem returned an error. Perhaps another midi app is running. The error is: Error :4 The specified device is already in use. Wait until it is free, then try again."

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Lloyd

Re: HELP!!! GPO and Sibelius 3 playback problems

Lloyd,

Hello. Do you have any other MIDI Applications running while trying to run Studio and Sibelius? If so, shut them down, and try again. Also, be aware that you must first open GPO Studio then Sibelius.

If that doesn't work, open up Studio, go to Settings-Audio Driver, and choose a different driver. Restart both Sibelius and Studio, and see if it fixes itself.

Just for information purposes, I use the Windows Direct Sound - Primary Sound Diver. It works just fine for me.

If that doesn't fix it, maybe you need to update the drivers for your soundcard. Now there's a thought. You do have a soundcard that is recognized by GPO, right. If your not sure, I think there is a list somewhere on the Garritan site. Just a thought

I hope this helps. Let me know if it doesn't and we'll see what we can see.

Good luck,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

I tried this and unfortunately it didn't work.

I have a creative labs audigy soundcard, which I believe works with ASIO as I have had no problem loading sounds into Kontakt silver in Sibelius or Kontakt version 1.2.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

I seem to have fixed it!

I think there was some conflict between the Maple Midi drivers and GPO - I was using marple to get Sibelius to work with Kontakt - don't know if I still can, but having removed this program all seems OK.

Lloyd

Llyod,

I'm glad that you got it to work. That was actually going to be my next question. For some reason, Maple Midi Cable interfers with Studio. If you need to use Kontakt, maybe try the MIDI Yoke Virtual Midi Cable.

Jeff Hurchella hangs around on the forum, maybe he can give us an idea why MMC is causing people grief.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Go Back to forum