• Register
  • Help

Topic: Editing Half Pedal Data - Help Please!

Share/Bookmark

Editing Half Pedal Data - Help Please!

Can somewon please tell me how to edit sustain pedal values in Cubase without having the software automatically push the value to 0 or 127 when the editing tool is click on a value in between. I want to use the half pedalling features of Kontakt Piano Scripts. I have Cubase SX1. Is this not a problem in newer versions?

Thank you in Advance

Re: Editing Half Pedal Data - Help Please!

There is a way, but I'm afraid it is a bit cumbersome (and it hasn't changed in later versions of Cubase, unfortunately). Briefly, you need to convert CC#64 (sustain) into some other continuous controller (e.g. CC #63) on its way in, i.e. with the Input Transformer, so that you can edit it freely, then convert it back to CC #64 on its way back out via a Transormer FX inserted into the MIDI track.
    If you need any assistance with those conversions, I'll be happy to help (you basically need to "Transform" "Value 1" of the Controller from 64 to 63 (or vice versa)
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

Re: Editing Half Pedal Data - Help Please!

Quote Originally Posted by vic_france
    There is a way, but I'm afraid it is a bit cumbersome (and it hasn't changed in later versions of Cubase, unfortunately). Briefly, you need to convert CC#64 (sustain) into some other continuous controller (e.g. CC #63) on its way in, i.e. with the Input Transformer, so that you can edit it freely, then convert it back to CC #64 on its way back out via a Transormer FX inserted into the MIDI track.
    If you need any assistance with those conversions, I'll be happy to help (you basically need to "Transform" "Value 1" of the Controller from 64 to 63 (or vice versa)
    Thank you so much. I was afraid nthat would be the only way, but couldn't even figure out how to do that (I've never used the transformer). I think I can figure it out now but will let you know if I need help. Thanks again.

Go Back to forum