• Register
  • Help

Topic: Running VST Instruments in Gigastudio?

Share/Bookmark

Running VST Instruments in Gigastudio?

Is it possible to run VST Instruments in Gigastudio? I've loaded NI B4. It shows up in the VST plug in area. I don't know how to get midi info to it. Also, I'm trying to load Vienna Instruments as a VST plugin and it doesn't even show up - even though it is installed as a VST plug in.

Re: Running VST Instruments in Gigastudio?

I think you are confusing VST with VSTi(''i'' as in instrument)...You can use VST(effect) in gigastudio but i would be realy realy surprise if you could use VSTi.

Good luck!

..you will need a VSTi host like V-stack, bidule or brainspaw forte to use your VST Instruments like NI B4...unless you can run it as standalone I dunno?

..and you will most likely need an other soundcard with ASIO drivers cause Gigastudio will be using the first soundcard with GSIF drivers and i don't think you can use both ASIO and GSIF from the same soundcard at the same time.

..You could also run both software on it's own Pc if you have more than one Pc...

Good luck!

corection here: It looks like i can run both ASIO and GSIF on my MIA soundcard at the same time...But it didn't work with my M-audio soundcard if i remember correctly...

Red face Re: Running VST Instruments in Gigastudio?

...and now for something unexpected.... ;-)

I actually got a VSTi working in GS3 once, in what started out as a stupid experiment. If I remember correctly I used energy XTE (the VST plugin version) together with a separate midi driver for XTE.

After loading XTE in a GS3 VST slot I was able to load VSTi's in XTE and connect them to the output, leaving the inputs unconnected. However, GS3 itself does not route (GSIF) midi to the VST slots (which is on top of my wishlist), so the XTE midi driver is needed to make a connection to an external (non-GSIF) midi port. As Geronimo pointed out, you still need an additional midi interface for that, or one that can use GSIF and standard midi at the same time (eg. RME HDSP series).

But then again, I was just playing around and don't know if it's stable this way. I would recommend using Brainspawn Forte along GS3 to host your VSTi's. This has been working well for me for quite some time now.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rjdekker
    ...and now for something unexpected.... ;-)

I actually got a VSTi working in GS3 once, in what started out as a stupid experiment. If I remember correctly I used energy XTE (the VST plugin version) together with a separate midi driver for XTE.

After loading XTE in a GS3 VST slot I was able to load VSTi's in XTE and connect them to the output, leaving the inputs unconnected. However, GS3 itself does not route (GSIF) midi to the VST slots (which is on top of my wishlist), so the XTE midi driver is needed to make a connection to an external (non-GSIF) midi port. As Geronimo pointed out, you still need an additional midi interface for that, or one that can use GSIF and standard midi at the same time (eg. RME HDSP series).

But then again, I was just playing around and don't know if it's stable this way. I would recommend using Brainspawn Forte along GS3 to host your VSTi's. This has been working well for me for quite some time now.

Rob
    LOL...Interesting tho...
    ...of all the place i could load a VSTi, GS would be the last one!

Isn't like asking for trouble...

using Brainspawn Forte along GS3 to host your VSTi's. This has been working well for me for quite some time now.
    that! I am happy to know!

Thanks!

Go Back to forum