• Register
  • Help

Topic: Calling Sona 6 Producer Edition Users...

Share/Bookmark

Question Calling Sona 6 Producer Edition Users...

Hi People...
    I see on the cakewalk page that they have nice crossgrade offer for Cubase user (me) to a Sonar 6 Producer Edition...

So... since I'm thinking of getting a C4 upgrade from my Cubase SL3.... maybe I should go for Sonar 6 producer Edition instead of C4 ???

Any1 made that move ?
    Any1 using sonar ? Can tell how is it ???
    Any1 using it with x64 processor on x64 Windows ???

Any Cons of going cakewalk way ???

Thumbs up Re: Calling Sona 6 Producer Edition Users...

im a loyaly user of cakewalk products cakewalk 3.0,4.0,8.0 sonar,until sonar 6.0

Sometimes i've try change to cubase,but i can explain a lot of problems in cubase like, bugs,donglekeys,hard curve of learn and other things....

Finally ,i never switched to cubase,and now im happy with this option...
    Sonar 6.0 is solid as rock,(i not have blue screen xp error by the way..).
    Clear and easy gui (can be better anyway) easy curve or learn,vst & dxi support,acid and rex support,automation of fx and synths easy and improved,audisnap,easy way for use sends and busses,truly multiprocessor suport and so on....
    is a personal opinion but is the most stable and easy soft that i've used.
    I think cakewalk can improve sonar 6 ,and im shure they'll be,but for now i think is better a stable and bugsfree software and NO A FULL OF BUGGED FEATURES SOFTWARE,

I recommend you visit,cakewalk web site,and see the products.

im Sorry for my englsih (im spanish mate)
    and i hope my explain can help you

Re: Calling Sona 6 Producer Edition Users...

oppsss ,i forgot....

I use sonar in windows xp 32 bit...
    I now it can run in 64 bit but...really,.
    i think 64 bits is early yet for audio software...with time all 64 bit software will be ok.but is better stay in 32 bit for now and wait ,what will occurs with audio...

You could download the demoversion and and see if you like it...

-Ranietz-

Quote Originally Posted by Ranietz
    You could download the demoversion and and see if you like it...

-Ranietz-
    Will do of course, but I'd love to know some opinions from Users too.

Thumbs up Re: Calling Sona 6 Producer Edition Users...

I use Sonar 6 Producer every day and would highly recommend it to you. It is a truly first rate product. Very stable for me. Loads VST and DXI plug ins which Cubase 4 just dropped. Anyway...I am much happier with Sonar than Cubase and think you would be very happy.

As a guy who's been using Cakewalk since the DOS days, I can fully recommend Sonar 6... Definitely a very reliable program, a lot fo goodies that come with the program, and a simple learning curve... Definitely try it as a demo, I think you will like it...

Any time you change your main audio app, there will be a learning curve. Things will not be where you are used to them being and so on. Your method of working will probably change as well.
    I have used both for years - I prefer Sonar - but that's just me...
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

My general reaction to changing platforms is to run screaming from the room!!!

I use Sonar, and I've been using it since it was CWPA6 I think. It has grown over the years in terms of capabilities and stability, and I've had no great reason to switch to a different platform. I tried Cubase twice, most recently when V3 came out, I tried Nuendo, I use PT when I have to, and I have toyed with the idea of switching to DP on a Mac<G>...

One of the reasons I like Sonar is the folks at Cakewalk and the user community. Support is bountiful, and I believe that the company really listens.

I've made numerous feature requests over the last several years, and apparently I was not alone on most of them, because they've been added. (there is one feature I'd really like, but they won't do it, I think just to teach me a little humility<G>)

I've even reported the odd bug now and then, and almost every one of them has either been fixed, or is still being investigated! I have received polite email messages when my reports have turned out to be pilot error!

I tell everyone that they should at least give Sonar a test drive! I'd tell you the same thing, but I'd add that you really want to think about the loss of productivity when you switch. Depending on your schedule for the near future it may not make a difference... in which case, welcome to the club!
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

I do not use Sonar, but I just upgraded to Cubase 4. I can tell you it is the best version of Cubase to date. Soundframe alone is worth the price.

Go Back to forum