• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT-Nothing here to see (but good news), move along

Share/Bookmark

OT-Nothing here to see (but good news), move along

Woohoo! After several years of often tedious, hard and slow (even lugubrious?) work (did I mention it took a lllllllloooooooooooooooooonnnnnnngggggg time to complete?), I received notification that I have at last earned my DWS (Doctorate of Worship Studies) at the Institute for Worship Studies. My thesis on the meaning of communion (Eucharist) has been approved. Only two steps remain... (1) to meet visual formatting requirements in order to prepare the thesis for publication (which for some obscure reason might prove extremely difficult, something about my lack of eyesight), and (2) the formal convocation next June. I can truthfully say that I am most grateful to God for being able to undertake, let alone actually complete, the degree.

I am tempted to use the "Dr." title, but keep thinking of a circa 1958?? movie, in which Peter Sellers played three different roles - his oddness, one could almost say strangeness, surely related to the "Dr."

I guess I now have no excuse for further delaying the purchase of a computer that could actually run my copy of GPO that has been sitting on the shelf for months, and get back to doing some music composition.

Anyway, again, woohoo!!!

Jim

Re: OT-Nothing here to see (but good news), move along

Quote Originally Posted by noldar12
    Woohoo! After several years of often tedious, hard and slow (even lugubrious?) work (did I mention it took a .......long....... time to complete?), I received notification that I have at last earned my DWS (Doctorate of Worship Studies) at the Institute for Worship Studies.
    Congratulations!! And about the subject, again congratulations ... it is so important!!!

Raymond

Doctor Jim,

Congratulations! Nice to get some good news. What an accomplishment and it must feel good after studying so long and hard. Good luck on publishing your thesis and the the convocation. Get that computer soon and start sharing some music with us .

All my best,

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: OT-Nothing here to see (but good news), move along

Is there a doctor in the house?

Congratulations, Doctor Jim. Looking forward to hearing your music and may God bless all the work of your hands.

David

Congratulations! That is wonderful news, best of luck to you at the convocation, and all your post-lugubrious work endeavours!

My best regards,

Sean
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Congrats, Doc,

All the Best,
    Dan Rubio

Congratulations!

nothing else to see here indeed... :P

Nikolas

That's great!

Congratulations!!!

Jon

Congratulations, Doctor Jim.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum