• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chicago - Loneliness is Just a Word (Screaming Trumpet & JABB)

Share/Bookmark

Chicago - Loneliness is Just a Word (Screaming Trumpet & JABB)

Here's a Chicago song that I recorded a few months ago called Loneliness Is Just A Word: http://members.cox.net/jakeortner/Loneliness.mp3

This features a trumpet solo at the beginning using the Warp IV Screaming Trumpet. Also, the Screaming Trumpet is doubled with one of the trumpets from JABB for the rest of the trumpet parts.

JABB is used for the rest of the brass. The drums are from JABB except the toms which are from Drumkit from Hell Superior. The organ is from the Roland XP-30. Guitar and bass are real instruments.

This demo gives you a little taste of the Screaming Trumpet as well as the JABB brass.

Jim

Re: Chicago - Loneliness is Just a Word (Screaming Trumpet & JABB)

I like this. The trumpet solo riff at the beginning is especially nice. Nice vocals too. Is that you singing?

that band is the reason that i play trumpet!

i saw them on april 18th 1971 around the time of
    this tune

what memories..

thanks

That band is one of the reasons I took guitar seriously!!

When I turned 12 my parents gave me a portable turntable/amplifier/speakers combo for my birthday. They included two albums as well (it was a fantastic birthday, I still remember it!) were "Chicago Transit Authority" and "Tommy".

With the exception of side 3 ("Free Form Guitar") they loved that album almost as much as I did.

My folks were remarkably good sports... I can think of only two things I was not allowed to play in the house, "Free Form Guitar" (my poor Dad thought I had broken the stereo), and many years later, "Twang Bar King" by Adrian Belew. They suffered through everything else with panache!
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

Mike,

I sang all the vocals.

"Twang Bar King" is a great CD. Just played it a couple weeks ago. At least you weren't playing "Desire Caught By The Tail" - that's a strange one for non-musicians!

Jim

Hey Jim, great demo. It brings back lots of memories...

In Jr. High, I used to practice drums almost every day to old Chicago albums. Later in High School, we put a band together for the talent show and played "Beginnings" along with several other Chicago songs (yes, we won the competition). By then, my main instrument shifted from drums to trumpet. I have to admit, though, that it was guys like Maynard Ferguson (not Chicago) that got me going serioiusly on the trumpet.

Again, thanks for posting the demo.
    Jeff Steinman

Go Back to forum