• Register
  • Help

Topic: An early Thanksgiving to you all.

Share/Bookmark

An early Thanksgiving to you all.

I want to say a special heart-felt thanks to those of you who have been keeping me and my family in your thoughts and prayers.

Let's just say that the past year hasn't been so easy for us. After a very difficult move, some rather depressing eye problems, including a couple of surgeries, I'm kind of trying to reconstruct my life again. It has been difficult using the computer, teaching and just doing many of the things I've always taken for granted. It's been a real emotional kick in the n-ts.

Gary called the other day and said that some of you were asking for me. I was really moved. I’ve been a member of this forum for quite some time and all you guys and gals mean a great deal to me. So much has happened during my absence, but I'm trying to go back over some of the old posts and catch up. So you'll be seeing more from me from now on.

But it hasn't been all bad news. My wife and I had a wonderful vacation on the big Island of Hawaii last summer. I think more than any thing that time off from the world helped me reconstruct things.

Looking forward to getting back playing with GPO, JABB, the new fiddle, cello, marching band Steinway and who knows what else again.

Bless you all,

Karl

Re: An early Thanksgiving to you all.

Thanks, Karl Garrett! Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family. I'll keep you in my prayers. The music on your site is so awesome and beautiful. After listening to you play Anon, Morel and Barrios, i hope Gary decides to sample the guitar you used for that.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Thanks, Karl Garrett! Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family. I'll keep you in my prayers. The music on your site is so awesome and beautiful. After listening to you play Anon, Morel and Barrios, i hope Gary decides to sample the guitar you used for that.

David
    Hi David,

He already has. It is the 10-string guitar in JABB.

Thanks so much,

Karl

Good to hear from you, my friend. I sent you a PM.

Welcome back!!!!!
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Hey Karl! Nice to hear from you again! May you have a nice warm Thanksgiving and hope to hear from you soon.
    Styxx

Good to see you, here, Karl; and all my best to
    you and yours for Thanksgiving!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

My best to you and yours on this Thanksgiving Celebration as well. We should all be greatful for being part of this wonderful community and thankful we can participate in it!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Hi David,

He already has. It is the 10-string guitar in JABB.

Thanks so much,

Karl
    This is very good news, i already plan to get JABB.

Welcome back, Karl...
    How excellent it is to read a post from you!
    Jim (Snorlax--remember??)
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Go Back to forum