• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Franz Liszt: La Campanella

Share/Bookmark

Franz Liszt: La Campanella

Using GPO Steinway, working in Overture. It still needs work, feels a bit "robotic" at places but coming along nicely i think.
    The Grand sounds quite good in GPO i think.

I've been practising on this piece on the Piano myself, but it's a bit above my level....yet.

Edit: New rendition. Found some mistakes, it sounded wrong especially in one fast run. I found out the 8va (octave raising) i used stretched two notes too far in a bar! Also made lots of small tweaks, especially in the later half of the piece. Sounds better in my view.

Edit: Final rendition (i think atleast) of La Campanella.

http://hem.bredband.net/marsvin/LaCampanella.mp3

Re: Franz Liszt: La Campanella

Nice rendition! I just love the sound of the Steinway. I got wrist cramps just from listening to it, though. I look forward to the final version.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc
    Nice rendition! I just love the sound of the Steinway. I got wrist cramps just from listening to it, though. I look forward to the final version.
    Thanks jmc. Wrist cramps...yep, it's a daunting piece!

A strange thing, when i listened to the .mp3 earlier i saw the text near bottom left. It says "La Campanella" and then "Franz Liszt". This i wrote when i made the .mp3. But then it says "Nojima plays Liszt"?
    Is the mediaplayer adding text by itself, and how does that work?

It isn't Nojima playing though, thought i'd make that clear so no one thinks i've uploaded music that someone else played!

Final version will take a little while i guess, it's now the timeconsuming process begins. So far i've "only" gotten the notes correct and fiddled a bit with the tempo at some places. Well, and velocity on some notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocca
    I've been practising on this piece on the Piano myself, but it's a bit above my level....yet.
    It will come. I studied four full months on this piece, one hour per day, ... and after that I was satisfied..... but never performed it on a concert.

Nice rendering. Writing this message the piece is playing and makes me remember those days where my fingers were a bit more "elastic".

Raymond

Very nice rendering of this piece. It flows quite well and yes it is clearly a daunting piece to perform as well as put it up for the GPO performance.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

A fine rendition of this, Tocca! Some really bright
    moments in this -- and it is surely a difficult piece
    to render well (or play well, for that matter). You've
    handled some of the trickiest parts of this with solid
    interpretation and performance.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks everyone. I've uploaded a new rendition (check the first post) with lots of small improvements (in my view that is ). Especially the later part sounds much better i think.

I know the piece well having listened to many performances over the years, and I must say your GPO rendered version captures the essence of the piece very well. Perhaps a live performance might have packed in a little more excitement in the last page, where the pianist has to call on his/her reserves of technique and stamina, but your version is enjoyable, so well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene
    I know the piece well having listened to many performances over the years, and I must say your GPO rendered version captures the essence of the piece very well. Perhaps a live performance might have packed in a little more excitement in the last page, where the pianist has to call on his/her reserves of technique and stamina, but your version is enjoyable, so well done!
    Thank, yes i know the last part is a bit lacking. Problem is that i had it more forceful at first and it didn't sound good at all. I've been working on that part though, and using a combination of velocity, volume and tempo it can be made much better. It's tricky to get it sounding good though, a tad too much and it sounds like someone just banging at the piano. We'll see, perhaps there will be a third rendition eventually...

I've uploaded a new, and probably final, rendition. Lots of small changes and above all a more powerful and exciting finish in my view.
    Look in the first post for the link.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast