• Register
  • Help

Topic: RaySpace updates to 2.5

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation RaySpace updates to 2.5

Quikquak updates RaySpace!

Version 2.5 features:-

* New super-smooth diffusion engine.
    * 90 categorized presets, including production settings.
    * Stereo impulse export options.
    * Rename, Load and Save single FX presets.

Cheers
    Dave Hoskins
    www.quikquak.com

Thumbs up Re: RaySpace updates to 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by QuikQuak
    * Stereo impulse export options.
    Smokin man! Just downloaded the update...
    Thanks! Awesome product!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Question Re: RaySpace updates to 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by QuikQuak
    Quikquak updates RaySpace!
    Version 2.5 features:-

What is the difference between the regular version and the "Stereo Only" version?
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music
    www.doylewdonehoo.com

Re: RaySpace updates to 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by dwdonehoo
    What is the difference between the regular version and the "Stereo Only" version?
    Hi Doyle

I think the main version is surround with multiple outs. I believe that there are/were some incompatibilities with certain hosts that are not surround capable and thus there is a "stereo only" version (which is what i use anyway).

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Hi Doyle I think the main version is surround with multiple outs...(which is what i use anyway).
    Hey thanks! I suspected as much. The sound demo's caught me by surprise, and sounds very good. I will have to try it out. Cakewalk has something similar, but sounds a bit "twangy". This sound like it may be smooth. I will have to try out the demo and see!
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music
    www.doylewdonehoo.com

Being not familiar with RaySpace I have a question regarding convolution reverb.
    Can you also use RaySpace as a convolution engine or does it "just" generate user designable rooms ?

May current favourite reverb is WizooVerb W2 but it seems there won´t be an Intel compatible version available that´s why I´m looking for alternatives.
    best regards
    Raindog

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog
    Being not familiar with RaySpace I have a question regarding convolution reverb.
    Can you also use RaySpace as a convolution engine or does it "just" generate user designable rooms ?

May current favourite reverb is WizooVerb W2 but it seems there won´t be an Intel compatible version available that´s why I´m looking for alternatives.
    best regards
    Raindog
    Rayspace and W2 are completely different animals. Rayspace is not a convolution verb. You cannot import IR files into it. You have to design your own spaces or use the excellent presets. But then you can export these as IRs. Unlike an IR verb, Rayspace doesn’t use much (or any) more CPU for a huge room than it does a small box. I suggest you download a demo of Rayspace and give it a try.
    I know what you mean about W2. I am dismayed by the rumors of discontinued support in the future. Like Rayspace, it does a lot of things that nothing else does. I also have CSR and the Arts Acoustic verb for algo, and Pristine Space for IR. But W2 is the only high end verb I know of that does it all. I find myself using mostly Rayspace and W2 – they make a great Combo!!! Make a space with Rayspace, and you can export it into W2 (If you really want to), and then you can render the early reflections or the tail with W2’s algo “A.I.R.” thingy.

If you close your eyes, CSR can sound like a real PCM90 at times – especially the Plate. The Arts Acoustic can sound great as well but in a different and unique way. As far as a replacement for W2 – there is no such animal – yet. W2 can sound like a combination of Altiverb and CSR at times - very nice.I’m just going to hope it works with Vista or that the company decides to keep it supported.

In the meantime, try Rayspace, and you’ll see that the combo with W2 is quite amazing.

…2112

P.S. Rayspace is at 2.6 now I believe.

RaySpace updates to 2.6

Hi guys, RaySpace has indeed been updated to 2.6 now.

RaySpace 2.6 features:-

* Option to ignore 'Dry' output on presets.
    * Linear or circular dail mode options.
    * Movement noise bug fixed for OSX version

Thanks,
    Dave Hoskins
    QuikQuak.com

Go Back to forum