• Register
  • Help

Topic: Web Site hosting?

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Web Site hosting?

My account on Infinology seems to have disappeared. As I go through their rules I notice that –any- mp3s is a cause for immediate suspension of accounts, no questions asked. I wonder if that is what has happened, but I can’t get a hold of anybody by phone or e-mail. I'm hosted by them because the compony I went with was bought out, and then they were bought out and so on and so on....

I want to change hosting companies immediately –with in minutes if possible. Any suggestions?

I’m looking at Host Baby – they seem to be musician friendly – anybody know anything about them?
    Trent P. McDonald

Re: Web Site hosting?

I have used www.clickonhosting.com successfully for the last 12 months.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

There's Godaddy.com

Good prices and plans.
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Thanks Richard and JP. When I said immediately I guess you knew I wasn’t kidding – these replies came fast. I’ll check them both out.
    Trent P. McDonald

I have 100 gigabytes of space on http://www.1and1.com at a very reasonable price.

Larry Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by JPGarbarini
    There's Godaddy.com

Good prices and plans.
    I'm using Godaddy for my scoring website and for my band's website. It's been a good experience and I would recommend them.

I use Lunarpages. The Basic plan is more than enough for me and there are tons of free add-ons.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I ended up going with a very large, no-musician specific provider, Blue Host. I read 4 different reviews on rating sites that put them at the top. How do I know they didn’t pay off these people? I don’t. Anyway, they seem to have a ton of good options including streaming audio, are competitively priced, include a huge amount of disk space, will allow me to put other domains on (such as the one for my wife’s page I’ve been promising to set up for years) and the phone was answered by a real human. Well, I did have one menu choice…

My site wasn’t up an hour ago but seems to be now. Hopefully it will stay up…

Thanks again for all of your replies and help.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum