• Register
  • Help

Topic: why to use steinberg surround plugin or...

Share/Bookmark

Question why to use steinberg surround plugin or...

My question is why to use a steinberg dolby digital surround plugin or Surcode Dolby Digital program which cost 1000USD if program like this:
    http://www.mediatwins.com/products/ac3tools_pro/ can be used which costs 50Euro ???

Re: why to use steinberg surround plugin or...

Hello luk!

Thank you for that link! I was searching for something similar recently, so you saved me a lot of work!

I also would like to know what the Steinberg product has to offer in comparison.

On the other hand, many people like to pay more for things that are available for free or at low prices (e.g. Steinberg MP3 encoder is basically useless, since you can use the free LAME encoder - which supposedly sounds better anyway).
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Re: why to use steinberg surround plugin or...

Quote Originally Posted by musicpete
    Hello luk!

Thank you for that link! I was searching for something similar recently, so you saved me a lot of work!

I also would like to know what the Steinberg product has to offer in comparison.

On the other hand, many people like to pay more for things that are available for free or at low prices (e.g. Steinberg MP3 encoder is basically useless, since you can use the free LAME encoder - which supposedly sounds better anyway).
    I know that steinberg surround encoder integrates into Cubase but dunno what for.... we can use multichannel output from sound card and use DD5.1 via 6 analog channels instead of a AC3 pass-thru.... so ? why to use Steinberg encoder ???

Go Back to forum