• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Topic: "OrganWerk"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "OrganWerk"

    Y'all,

    Here is my "OrganWerk", a piece for organ (duh) and small orchestra.

    I used two instances of the GPO full organ plus the plenum pedal. All of the other instruments are also GPO.

    Regards,

    Larry

    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "OrganWerk"

    Never perform this in a church. The roof will be blown off, the congregation will loose his mind, the minister / preacher rushes out, and at the end we all pray to our good Lord, thankful that he let us make such a wonderful instrument.

    Raymond

  3. #3

    Re: "OrganWerk"

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    Never perform this in a church. The roof will be blown off, the congregation will lose its mind, the minister / preacher rushes out, and at the end we all pray to our good Lord, thankful that he let us make such a wonderful instrument.

    Raymond
    So, does all that mean that you like it or don't like it?

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: "OrganWerk"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    So, does all that mean that you like it or don't like it?

    Larry
    Of course I liked it..... if not I wouldn't have given any comment.
    The whole rendering is a bit oversteered, too harsh, but it is a nice piece.
    That's why we say grace for this wonderful instrument: the organ (by the way this is the very first synthesizer, IMHO).

    Raymond - who likes Widor, Organ pieces by Bach, Bruckner, Alexander

  5. #5

    Re: "OrganWerk"

    The sampled instrument itself sounds harsh. It's the nature of that particular organ stop. I have no control over it as far as that is concerned.

    Thanks for listening.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "OrganWerk"

    Thorough-going pot-boiler, Larry! Put it on the
    big speakers, and blew the hair of my nextdoor
    neighbor... rofl!

    By the way, if you check the player, there are
    a few adjustments for most of the organ stops;
    perhaps you can slice a little of the edge off if
    you care to.

    Best,

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  7. #7

    Re: "OrganWerk"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Thorough-going pot-boiler, Larry! Put it on the
    big speakers, and blew the hair of my nextdoor
    neighbor... rofl!

    By the way, if you check the player, there are
    a few adjustments for most of the organ stops;
    perhaps you can slice a little of the edge off if
    you care to.

    Best,

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    I use Kontakt 2, not the player but I will check out the possibility of using one of the equalizers that is a part of Kontakt 2. I appreciate the suggestion.

    Thanks for your review, Mr. Dave.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "OrganWerk"

    I removed some of the rough edge from the organ sample by utilizing one of the equalizers in Kontakt 2, my sample player. I did a re-mix and re-upload to my website.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •