• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: update on ver. 1.6???

Share/Bookmark

update on ver. 1.6???

Hey Jason,

Seeing that the upcoming update has some tasty new features (sound on note entry, quick enharmonic re-spelling) I was wondering if you could let us know a general date we can expect its release. I'm kinda hoping before the competition entries are due as I have a pretty dense score to edit and would love to employ some of the new features....just curious of course.

Re: update on ver. 1.6???

Hi

It seems the new sound package will need 1.6 to work. The date for release on the rythym kit on Notion's web page is 11/28. I would assume 1.6 would be ready thereabouts, though I would'nt want to speak for Jason or anyone else. Of course, things in pre-release stage can get delayed so until then... .

I am sure later you'll get a more precise date...

Hawksong

The Rhythm Kit needs the 1.6 update to work properly, so it should come out around the same time. The Rhythm Kit is being manufactured as we speak.

The bad news, though, is that Note Audition and Note Drag (where you can click on a note and place it somewhere else instead of deleting and re-entering) will not be included in this update. I'm sorry, I know that hurts. We had to focus on unforeseen bugs, so that feature got postponed. It is being developed, and we're hoping to release that feature in January. We all only just found out.

Sorry guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Windsor
    The Rhythm Kit needs the 1.6 update to work properly, so it should come out around the same time. The Rhythm Kit is being manufactured as we speak.

The bad news, though, is that Note Audition and Note Drag (where you can click on a note and place it somewhere else instead of deleting and re-entering) will not be included in this update. I'm sorry, I know that hurts. We had to focus on unforeseen bugs, so that feature got postponed. It is being developed, and we're hoping to release that feature in January. We all only just found out.

Sorry guys.
    Rats. Oh well. Jason, can you elaborate a little bit about what 1.6 will feature? Don't worry, we won't hold it to you of course.

I'm working on getting a finalized feature list for you guys. It'll be Monday at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Windsor
    I'm working on getting a finalized feature list for you guys. It'll be Monday at the latest.
    excellent!

Extremely dismayed at yet another delay in adding the sound on note entry feature. Back to Sibelius.

Jim Rowell

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rowell
    Extremely dismayed at yet another delay in adding the sound on note entry feature. Back to Sibelius.

Jim Rowell
    Well, this is actually the first delay since we never anticipated having the feature before 1.6.

Yes, but some of us have been asking for this feature since the inception of the program.

Jim Rowell

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rowell
    Yes, but some of us have been asking for this feature since the inception of the program.

Jim Rowell
    Well, to categorize it as "yet another delay" is a bit unfair. I know it's frustrating, but let's properly identify terms so we can dialogue about it.

Here is the full feature/improvement list for 1.6. As far as I know, these are identical to the release notes as they stand now.

NOTION 1.6

Features

-Leadsheet with slash notation and chord changes (notation and playback).
    -5-line, multi instrument percussion notation for drum set.
    -Addition of alternate note heads for slash, triangle, “x” as well as ghost notes.
    -Enharmonic respelling tool: click on any note to change spelling.

Improvements and Optimizations

-Optimizations to further enhance playback in NotionPlayer and Edit modes;
    -Major overhaul of “Titles and text” entry and editing;
    -Improvements to beaming, ties and overall rendering;
    -Enhancements to Playlist creation, editing and performance (for Notion Live users);
    -Added stability for WAV rendering;
    -Redesign of “Start Repeat” barline at beginning of score or system;
    -Tuplet bracket preference functionality restored;
    -Improved functionality for 8va/vb tool that allows entry on a single note;
    -Changes to Arpeggio tool that improve stability when entering or editing arpeggios

Go Back to forum